26 replies to this topic

#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

i'm trying to figure out the best way to lease a one bedroom apartment in the 1st arrondissement for one or two weeks. A decent kitchen is a must and proximity to nice food markets is a plus. i see tons of places available for a month or more but nothing as short as a week. any suggestions for reputable full service apartment rental services or any of you willing to let your secret paris hideaways for a week or so?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

i'm trying to figure out the best way to lease a one bedroom apartment in the 1st arrondissement for one or two weeks. A decent kitchen is a must and proximity to nice food markets is a plus. i see tons of places available for a month or more but nothing as short as a week. any suggestions for reputable full service apartment rental services or any of you willing to let your secret paris hideaways for a week or so?

We rented an apartment exactly as you described many years ago for a week. I will try to find my notes. It was a long time ago and it's entirely possible that the agency is no longer in existence, but this apartment is exactly what you are looking for.

There are some weekly rentals in this link.

#3 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

We rented an apartment exactly as you described many years ago for a week. I will try to find my notes. It was a long time ago and it's entirely possible that the agency is no longer in existence, but this apartment is exactly what you are looking for.

i used to do this all the time, years ago, too. i don't want to have to bunk in with one of chambolle's mobster pals

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#4 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

airbnb?

eta: if you're looking for something more reputable then there's lodgis, but with their booking fee and the weekly price you could just as well pay for a full month
I never said that

#5 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've been searching for places for around a month now, for Oxford. Everything is way over our budget. I found a pretty cool site: Sabbatical.com
and we have secured a one month's rental in Vicenza instead. There are quite a few Paris rentals.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

airbnb?

eta: if you're looking for something more reputable then there's lodgis, but with their booking fee and the weekly price you could just as well pay for a full month

airbnb looks a little scary, but the prices are great.

~Jack Handey

#7 Blondie

Blondie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I used Guest Apartment Services for the place I rented on Ile St. Louis. Amazing service, loved the apartment. I didn't use the kitchen, but it did seem well stocked.

Edit: If the Marais works for you, my photo mentor has a place he lets on a weekly basis. Bonus: you're surrounded by photos taken by the owner, a well-known photojournalist, and his friends.
BlondieNY.com

#8 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I used Guest Apartment Services for the place I rented on Ile St. Louis. Amazing service, loved the apartment. I didn't use the kitchen, but it did seem well stocked.

Edit: If the Marais works for you, my photo mentor has a place he lets on a weekly basis. Bonus: you're surrounded by photos taken by the owner, a well-known photojournalist, and his friends.

thanks blondie! the marais is in the 3rd, yes? if so, that works for me. i just want to be in walking distance of chatelet and its environs.

~Jack Handey

#9 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

thanks blondie! the marais is in the 3rd, yes? if so, that works for me. i just want to be in walking distance of chatelet and its environs.

When I looked chatelet up on google, the map put it a couple of blocks from the "Bovine Sex Club" and I thought, "Is that why splinky wants to be near there?".

Then I realized the map was of Toronto.

#10 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

When I looked chatelet up on google, the map put it a couple of blocks from the "Bovine Sex Club" and I thought, "Is that why splinky wants to be near there?".

why do you have a sex map of toronto?

~Jack Handey

#11 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Maybe it's just the bovine sex map?

I never said that

#12 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,596 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

you are always the voice of reason

~Jack Handey

#13 9lives

9lives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I've used this agency and been pleased...never used in Paris... VRBO.com

If I'm visiting someplace for more that 2-3 days, I really prefer renting a house or apt than staying in a hotel.

#14 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

And people say Toronto is boring. Remarkable design there as well, the broken bicycles really augment the bovine sex.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#15 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,374 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Note to self: add to bucket list.

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia