7 replies to this topic

#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

i stuck some left over chocolate ganache in the fridge earlier this week :) and now i want to use it. it's only about a half cup, i've never had such a small amount leftover. what's the best way to revitalize it? normally, i would just whip the leftover in my mixer or buzz it with a stick blender. do i melt it a bit over hot water. zapping in the microwave seems maybe not such a good idea. :unsure: it's just going to frost some cupcakes so it doesn't matter whether it's fluffy or syrupy. help! :blink:

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

have you tried sitting on it?

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current recipe: indian home cooking 7: chapatis and parathas

current restaurant review: back to bangkok thai deli

current whisky review: springbank 12 cask strength, batch 7

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#3 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Put the cup in a bowl of hot water, changing the water as it cools, until the ganache is spreadable again or, transfer it to the top of a double boiler or bain marie over low light and let it soften. I have no opinion on microwaves.

#4 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

I think you should just eat it and make a fresh batch.:)
Future Legacy Participant.

#5 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

Put the cup in a bowl of hot water, changing the water as it cools, until the ganache is spreadable again or, transfer it to the top of a double boiler or bain marie over low light and let it soften. I have no opinion on microwaves.

hot water bath did the trick

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

you, madam, are like the devil on my shoulder, whispering in my ear

~Jack Handey

#7 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Thank you.
Future Legacy Participant.

#8 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

Thank you.

de nada

~Jack Handey