7 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

the local website baristanet.com reports that ched Michael Carrino (a chopped champion) will open his new restaurant in the large space at the west end of the former station. I'm familiar with the space, which has towering ceilings, wood trim, tile floors, and high windows. It's a lovely space.

The restaurant’s name has not been announced, but will feature “creative, non-pretentious Modern American Cuisine with a devotion to seasonal, local ingredients.”

No name, so far

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Rosie

Rosie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

the local website baristanet.com reports that ched Michael Carrino (a chopped champion) will open his new restaurant in the large space at the west end of the former station. I'm familiar with the space, which has towering ceilings, wood trim, tile floors, and high windows. It's a lovely space.

The restaurant’s name has not been announced, but will feature “creative, non-pretentious Modern American Cuisine with a devotion to seasonal, local ingredients.”

No name, so far

YES... There is a name. Info here: http://njmonthly.com...no-returns.html
Rosie Saferstein
Table Hopping With Rosie
New Jersey Monthly
www.njmonthly.com
Member of IACP, AFJ, and The James Beard Foundation

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thanks, Rosie. It looks like you scooped Baristanet and Montclair Times. Nice going!

The Montclair Times notes that the project owners would like bankrupt Pathmark to either invest in their part of the property or get out. That place is a mess, based on my few visits.

Unfortunately, the lovely station area has become a jumble of things, with a laundry, a Popeye's, and a crime problem. However, the area does seem to be improving bit by bit.

Transformed

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#4 marauder

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

any scuttlebutt as to what the license sold for?

#5 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

any scuttlebutt as to what the license sold for?

One recent story said $750,000.

...Jonathan Waxman

#6 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

More info on Baristanet

About that menu: It’s an eclectic and approachable Modern American showcasing local meats and produce. Dishes include everything from Duck Duck Goose (duck prosciutto, duck rillettes and foie gras crème brulee) Spanish chili empanadas with chorizo and smoked sausage, fish and chips, spicy Korean lamb, to a sweet pea risotto with country ham and cracklings and a lobster tagliatelle that will “change your life.”

Carrino, a past winner of Food Network’s Chopped who became a member of Chaîne des Rôtisseurs at age 28, conceived Pig & Prince as a place where everyone – families, couples and late-nighters can feel comfortable. “This is more my style,” says Carrino, of Pig & Prince, as opposed to his former, more formal Restaurant Passione.

Coming Soon

...Jonathan Waxman

#7 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Baristanet reports that Pig and Prince will be open after 4pm. Charging facilities available

Pig & Prince is open for business today. We want to let people know the food is fresh and the drinks will be flowing – including Hurricane drink specials and more.

Open in the storm aftermath

Pig & Prince website: P&P

...Jonathan Waxman

#8 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Pig & Prince will have the limited release Ommegang beer created for Game of Thrones:

Details on Baristanet:  http://www.baristane...ve/#more-136448

...Jonathan Waxman