34 replies to this topic

#31 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Why should anyone care what he says? Any more than what Wilfrid or Sneakeater or Oakapple or I say?

The article originally cited says: "Steve Plotnicki, one of the highest profile, most opinionated, and most obsessive eaters in the food blogging world, and formerly involved with the site e-gullet." Not "a founder of." Read what the words say, people. That describes an awful lot of people.

Maybe you shouldn't assume everyone's an idiot.

It said founder earlier and was changed.

Yes, it has been corrected.

perhaps Andre brought the matter to the magazine's attention?

cher andre has always been a stickler about e-gullet history

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#32 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Why should anyone care what he says? Any more than what Wilfrid or Sneakeater or Oakapple or I say?

The article originally cited says: "Steve Plotnicki, one of the highest profile, most opinionated, and most obsessive eaters in the food blogging world, and formerly involved with the site e-gullet." Not "a founder of." Read what the words say, people. That describes an awful lot of people.

It hasn't ben corrected in Olmstead's earlier article.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#33 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,611 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

we'll get Andre back on the case...

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#34 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

That's a shame. They should recognize by now that OTB was the sole flounder of eGullet.
I never said that

#35 TaliesinNYC

TaliesinNYC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hmmmm?
Plots was a co-founder of e-Gullet? Did not know that one.
[I know this is nearly a month old. Pardon me if this has already been chewed on.]

Newt Gingrich no longer has the middle name "Revisionist History". That honor goes to Mr. Bombastic.