• 9,225 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Tabare

221 S 1st St
(between Driggs Ave & Roebling St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Neighborhood: Williamsburg - South Side
(347) 335-0187 http://www.tabarenyc.com

We had a wonderful meal here last night.. Staff is gracious and friendly, the room is beautiful, the food was delicious. What's not to like..

Firstly, the room is dark and candlelit. Wood walls ,beautiful, beautiful light fixtures and decor. It's a very chill spot to hang with your lady. Not to mention, there were some larger groups of people who seemed to be having a really wonderful time.

When you arrive they put out a hot loaf of bread and an olive dipping sauce. It's a nice way to be greeted for sure.

We started with the octopus casserole of sorts. Octopus tentacles mixed with beans in this super garlicky mayo. It was a wonderful combination. We could have ordered perhaps, 5 more of these things.

With the octopus came out two empanadas. One was cheese stuffed, the other was tuna and black olives. Both came accompanied with different dipping sauces. These sauces highlighted flavors in the empanadas. For instance, the tuna came with this chive oil. It was so delicious.

Posted Image

We then moved on to a anchovy salad which was not our favorite but, still went very well with our bottle of wine. The wine list seems to be mainly Central America, so prices are cheap.

We also had the ravioli of the day which was very nice. It was potato and cheese, very similar to a pierogi. Whatever it was, it was homemade and done very well. Not to mention it was a very nice sized portion.

Our waiter brought us a complimentary dessert, we split a nice bottle of white wine. Dinner was 80 bucks with tip.

We will come back for sure, can't wait to take the little steak eating monster here. Being that it is a Uruguayan Restaurant, there are some really nice meat options that we did not take advantage of. I don't know if where they are sourcing their steak from.. I will have to find out next time.
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.