#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Bergen Record has the details.

Some big news for the Ryland Inn, the well-known restaurant in Whitehouse Station, Hunterdon County thatís under renovation: itís hired Anthony Bucco as its executive chef. Buccoís resume includes Uproot in Warren, Stage Left in New Brunswick and Restaurant Latour in Hamburg.

North Jersey

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Star-Ledger has a follow up article on Bucco at the Ryland.

One piece of new information is the intended price point may be closer to the Skylark than to the old Ryland Inn. If he sets the mark about where Uproot was and is positioned, I'd think that should be just fine for business. What it does for nearby Pluckemin Inn is another matter entirely.

The article doesn't mention anything about what else may go on the property. Since the township council allowed rezoning on the property, it's possible that other structures, or offices and housing could be added to the spacious (and taxable) grounds. Depending on overall plans, that could help assure the survival of the restaurant.

Ryland

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Rosie reports on a pre-opening visit to the new Ryland Inn.

NJ monthly

...Jonathan Waxman

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Rosie notes that the Ryland Inn is now open to the public for preview dinners. Call for details and times available

Here

...Jonathan Waxman