2 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,431 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

I noticed their sign in a storefront near to the NY Sports Club and the Stop & Shop on Bloomfield Avenue in West Caldwell. No word on when it will open, but there appears to be work going on inside.

The nearby Franco's Pizza remains in business. Franco took it back a few years ago after a prospective buyer defaulted on payments.

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 marauder

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Sort of related, but anybody know what happened to the proposed Five Guys on Valley Rd in Upper Montclair? Build-out was humming along and now I noticed a "for lease" sign. The place is even done in the signature red and white Five Guys tile motif.

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sort of related, but anybody know what happened to the proposed Five Guys on Valley Rd in Upper Montclair? Build-out was humming along and now I noticed a "for lease" sign. The place is even done in the signature red and white Five Guys tile motif.

I heard somewhere that there was a "landlord issue" with the space, and Five Guys stopped work.

The Montclair Times says a new Italian restaurant is moving into the space.

Transforming the space

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman