1 reply to this topic

#1 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,213 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

This is a very well acted Don't go in that house movie with a twist. It's a horror film and a meta horror film. The 5 youthful actors: Kristen Connolly, Anna Hutchison, Jesse Williams, Chris Hemsworth and Fran Kranz are uniformly good. You will see them again. You can add in Bradley Whitford, Richard Jenkins and (in a brief expository cameo) Sigourney Weaver. The main problem is that every time the film starts to get scary in a conventional sense, the meta story interrupts and breaks the rhythm. I was OK with this. My horror film fan companion was not. Good music on the soundtrack although not really the point of things. Probably a better one to see on a big screen.

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives."  © hollywood 2016.

#2 balex

balex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I loved this -- saw it last night in the cinema. Witty, fun, not actually scary in a straightforward way, but there are moments ...