33 replies to this topic

#16 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

It may be an exaggeration but these products are not bought by people on welfare, or even the lower middle class.

i've seen people shop in whole foods with ebt cards. they had more expensive stuff in their cart than i had in mine.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#17 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

It may be an exaggeration but these products are not bought by people on welfare, or even the lower middle class.

i've seen people shop in whole foods with ebt cards. they had more expensive stuff in their cart than i had in mine.

Who are you, the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan?
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#18 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Who are you, the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan?

daisy, "tear down that wall!"

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#19 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I don't like the damn chocolate...and the path from making something on your stove to becoming a skilled craftsman isn't that quick,and when it's on your own dime,can cost you,big time.Bottom line,it's still all about real estate here.
G*d is in the details...

#20 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm glad to hear a professional say that. I see the list of their clients and I feel like I'm going crazy
Why not mayo?

#21 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,366 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I wonder what Scott -- dfw thinks.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#22 hcbk0702

hcbk0702

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

There is a product called "Beard Oil." Who knew? And it can be twee too -

Dude No.1 is inspired by the man in my life.

Fresh, spicy, and woody, this fragrance is the new classic manly scent that will make you want to get close. With Virginia cedarwood, green coriander and pink peppercorn. This formula is 100% natural and uses only essential oils, organic hemp seed oil and American jojoba oil.

Because your man deserves the safest ingredients to scent his delicate face.

Fascinating.

And this, something I like to call the Cucumber King's Lament -

And every remotely ambitious artisan sooner or later finds himself making trade-offs of one sort or another. Early on, Jones had to accept that as a New York pickle-maker he would need to compromise his locavore mission when he discovered that in this region cucumbers grow only three months of the year. "Friends said, 'Dude, you make pickles. You can't not produce for three-quarters of the year.' It was a hard thing to wrestle with in my mind."

lol

#23 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Does anybody else find the very idea of beard oil disgusting?

I do. But then I find beards disgusting.

And I'm with you -- the line around the block for Bi-Rite isn't only filled with real money. And actually, at least out here, a lot of times the people working at the one shop are the ones buying at the other. It's just that they spend all their money on this stuff.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

So hard to choose.. But, I am going to say, these guys seems to be the douchiest looking.

http://nymag.com/new...yn/index22.html

Posted Image
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#25 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,655 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image
Bar Loser

MF Old

#26 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,022 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

So hard to choose.. But, I am going to say, these guys seems to be the douchiest looking.

Posted Image

That convinced me. Deb and I are heading for Smorgasburg on Saturday (unless it rains buckets)and we'll bring our cameras. We love to walk around Coney Island taking pictures of weird stuff but it appears that we have found the Land of Oz closer to home.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#27 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,655 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image
Bar Loser

MF Old

#28 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,655 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image
Bar Loser

MF Old

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

That convinced me. Deb and I are heading for Smorgasburg on Saturday (unless it rains buckets)and we'll bring our cameras. We love to walk around Coney Island taking pictures of weird stuff but it appears that we have found the Land of Oz closer to home.

I want to start website that just highlights kids wearing their pants super saggy . Kind of like the mullet websites.

http://mulletjunky.com/picfix1.htm
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#30 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

And then there's this. What a pack of oblivious morons.
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.