There is, however, a question as to how long we might stay in our apartment. I really don't want to sell and move, but may have to. Or not. At this point, we don't know. The whole thing gives me agita.
So: I need a stove that I can stand to use possibly for the rest of my life, but that won't mean I threw my money away if we do sell. That means it has to be better than the Magic Chef POS that came with the place in 1980, and also better than the Maytag that I replaced it with in 1996, but doesn't have to be the stove (or cooktop+separate oven) of my dreams. I can probably do with a floor sample.
- 30 inches wide
- Presentable to a buyer who will throw it out when completely renovating the kitchen after purchase
- Cheap(ish), i.e., not what I deserve
- NO sealed burners (zealous cleaning means they don't just become unsealed; they spew gas all around the actual vents
- At least one high-BTU burner
- Good broiling capability
Things I don't care about:
- Self-cleaning or not
- Sabbath feature (nice when oven-drying vegetables, but not essential)
Every day I fear for our lives (and fear the wrath of our neighbor, who has already complained about the gas smell leaking into his kitchen). But I am too upset about the whole thing to think clearly. Help, please. TIA!