tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Wish I wasn't booked (and tired):

Arcade Lights

Friday night, after hours at Pike Place Market - benefits the Market Foundation.

#392 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

This sounds good (too much $, too much food):

Monday November 14th 6PM

3rd Annual Wild Beast Feast at Lark

This is our third Wild Beast dinner, we'll be serving a multi course family style feast of wild game! Everything from elk, venison and wild boar to quail, wood pigeon and grouse. Bring your appetite and your own wine, as is our tradition for this dinner, there will be no corkage this evening, raid the cellar (don't forget to send a taste to the kitchen!) and make some new friends.

$150 per person includes dinner and tax.

#393 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Stephanie from Top Chef will be coming through Seattle and doing a dinner at Canlis on November 1st. Tickets aren't available yet.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#394 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Stephanie from Top Chef will be coming through Seattle and doing a dinner at Canlis on November 1st. Tickets aren't available yet.

Gilt is offering tickets to this for $200 pp for 4 courses and a book, which seems exhorbinant. Then again, all of these celebrity chef dinners seem so to me.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#395 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Gilt is offering tickets to this for $200 pp for 4 courses and a book, which seems exhorbinant. Then again, all of these celebrity chef dinners seem so to me.

Wow. $200 seems crazy! I thought $190 was crazy for a Thomas Keller dinner at Bastille - and, as much as I liked Stephanie on the show, she is no Thomas Keller.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#396 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Wow. $200 seems crazy! I thought $190 was crazy for a Thomas Keller dinner at Bastille - and, as much as I liked Stephanie on the show, she is no Thomas Keller.

I particularly enjoy the use of "extravagant tasting menu" and "decadent....feast" as descriptors in the Gilt offer. Well, 4 courses is barely a tasting menu, hardly extravagant or decadadent and certainly not a feast.

#397 Ye-Ye Girl

Ye-Ye Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Let's up the ante then, with the $250 event with Daniel Humm from Eleven Madison Park at Canlis on November 21. Includes hors d'oeuvres, 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings and Daniel Humm's new cookbook.

#398 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Let's up the ante then, with the $250 event with Daniel Humm from Eleven Madison Park at Canlis on November 21. Includes hors d'oeuvres, 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings and Daniel Humm's new cookbook.

Ooof. And I'll bet a portion of those proceeds don't benefit Share our Strength.

Good to see you Ye-Ye Girl!

#399 Ye-Ye Girl

Ye-Ye Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Ooof. And I'll bet a portion of those proceeds don't benefit Share our Strength.

Good to see you Ye-Ye Girl!

Thanks, Lauren!

Yeah, I didn't hear anything benefit-related when I called to get details. To look objectively at the price, though, EMP's website shows four courses with wine pairings at $220, so I guess getting an additional course, another glass of wine and a cookbook for $30 more is probably on par with their normal price structure. It just comes down to what people are willing to pay, I guess.

#400 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

It's a crazy amount, but I would sooner pay that for a dinner with Humm than the $200 for dinner with a Top Chef winner....

#401 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

It's a crazy amount, but I would sooner pay that for a dinner with Humm than the $200 for dinner with a Top Chef winner....

Agreed.

#402 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

See Lauren....we don't disagree about EVERYTHING culinary.... :P

#403 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hey All ---

Pagliacci Pizza is celebrating Leap Day, Wednesday, February 29th by rolling slice prices at our Pizzerias back to 1984 levels. That means a slice of our Original Cheese for .90, a slice of our Double Pepperoni for .95, a Slice of Combo for $1.20 and a slice of our Primo for $1.35.

Pizzerias only, folks. It'll be RAD!

LOL

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#404 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hey All ---

Pagliacci Pizza is celebrating Leap Day, Wednesday, February 29th by rolling slice prices at our Pizzerias back to 1984 levels. That means a slice of our Original Cheese for .90, a slice of our Double Pepperoni for .95, a Slice of Combo for $1.20 and a slice of our Primo for $1.35.

Pizzerias only, folks. It'll be RAD!

LOL

~Jason

I remember paying those prices when I was going to high school on Captital Hill and we'd sneak to Pags for lunch. God I'm old....

#405 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Kabab House closed.

I love the comments. Small towns are fun!