#1141 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Cafe Munir

I also want to go to Cafe Munir, so if anything gets set up, let me know!

Since my trip to NYC got cancelled, I"m free to go any upcoming night! Eden had a run in with no Sunday night, and Tues is V-day, so how do people feel about Mon or Weds or Thurs this week (13,15,16)?

I can do Monday or Wednesday but not Thursday. I hope this comes together - I've been thinking about it a lot.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#1142 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Cafe Munir

Since my trip to NYC got cancelled, I"m free to go any upcoming night! Eden had a run in with no Sunday night, and Tues is V-day, so how do people feel about Mon or Weds or Thurs this week (13,15,16)?

I can do Monday or Wednesday but not Thursday. I hope this comes together - I've been thinking about it a lot.

I dont know why MFF ate my original text, but I was indeed going to suggest scheduling somthing.

Like Lauren, I can do monday or wednesday but not thursday. If we need to schedule out further the 20th & 21st look good from here.
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#1143 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Cafe Munir

I dont know why MFF ate my original text, but I was indeed going to suggest scheduling somthing.

Like Lauren, I can do monday or wednesday but not thursday. If we need to schedule out further the 20th & 21st look good from here.

Let's go with Weds, the 15th.

Brett and I, Lauren, Eden, plus ones too? Anyone else? I'll call and reserve.

#1144 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

definately a plus one here. SeaGal can you make that too?
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#1145 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm in for Wed!
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#1146 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

No plus one for me. Paul is out of town. He's excited to try it when he gets back though.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#1147 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

No plus one for me. Paul is out of town. He's excited to try it when he gets back though.

Okay, I'm going to call tonight and see if they'll let me reserve, I'm thinking at 7:30? here's my list:

Naomi
Eden + 1
Sparrows Fall
Lauren

Since we're only 6, I'm not sure they will, but shouldn't be hard to get a spot, they've got a big table up front, or can push together a few smaller ones.

See y'all wednesday.

#1148 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

definately a plus one here. SeaGal can you make that too?

Sorry I missed this! I'd love to go, but can't this week. I'll catch you next time!
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#1149 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

We're set for 6, on Wednesday, at 7:30. It's at 80th and 24th in Ballard. See y'all there.

Okay, I'm going to call tonight and see if they'll let me reserve, I'm thinking at 7:30? here's my list:

Naomi
Eden + 1
Sparrows Fall
Lauren

Since we're only 6, I'm not sure they will, but shouldn't be hard to get a spot, they've got a big table up front, or can push together a few smaller ones.

See y'all wednesday.

#1150 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

We're set for 6, on Wednesday, at 7:30. It's at 80th and 24th in Ballard. See y'all there.

Naomi
Eden + 1
Sparrows Fall
Lauren

See y'all wednesday.

Thanks Naomi!

#1151 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I enjoyed my dinner at Cafe Munir a lot. It was nice to be able to try pretty much everything on the menu. My favorite things were the hummus with the lamb, Baba Ghanoush (who knew I would like eggplant so much), Haloumi (cheese fried in butter, what could be bad about that?) and the Aarayess (Lebanese quesadilla!). The skewers and the family style dishes were just okay. Service was... odd. When we ordered soup, which was listed on the menu in the family style dish section, our server told us it was hard to share. Uh, then why is it listed as a family style dish? She had no answer. Desserts were fine, nothing to write home about.

I'd go back for the mezze. It'd be great if they did it to go - that Baba Ghanoush would be perfect to take to my book club.

#1152 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

I enjoyed my dinner at Cafe Munir a lot. It was nice to be able to try pretty much everything on the menu. My favorite things were the hummus with the lamb, Baba Ghanoush (who knew I would like eggplant so much), Haloumi (cheese fried in butter, what could be bad about that?) and the Aarayess (Lebanese quesadilla!). The skewers and the family style dishes were just okay. Service was... odd. When we ordered soup, which was listed on the menu in the family style dish section, our server told us it was hard to share. Uh, then why is it listed as a family style dish? She had no answer. Desserts were fine, nothing to write home about.

I'd go back for the mezze. It'd be great if they did it to go - that Baba Ghanoush would be perfect to take to my book club.

I agree the mezze are the standout, although the beef kebab was quite good too. The traditional egyptian dishes were just bland (that may be traditional but it's not appealing) and the desserts were just ok, though if they would just cook the baklava for another 15 minutes I bet it would be fabulous, I think it was the undercooked filo made it blah. That Baba Ganoush though :rolleyes: smoky rich creamy fabulousness even eggplant haters can love!
- Athenaeus

#1153 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Eltana's coming to Wallingford.

I'm excited to have them in the 'hood.

#1154 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,183 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

All right you lucky people. Get ready to welcome Mike and Wendy Jordan, formerly owners of Rosemary's in Las Vegas. They have pulled up stakes and moved to Seattle. More details to come...

Wow - that's very exciting. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

any more news on this move?

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#1155 Really Nice!

Really Nice!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

More new places coming or who have arrived in the last month...

Cafe Suisse 2008 Westlake Ave., Ste. 100, Seattle, WA 98121

C.S. Finnegan’s Irish House 2604 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121 ...Irish built, owned and operated.

D’Ambrosio Gelato ..."Gelato Artigianale" 5339 Ballard Ave NW Seattle WA 98107

La Lot Restaurant & Bar Vietnamese cuisine 925 Stewart Street #102 Seattle, WA 98101

Mestizo Tequila Ultra Lounge & Grill 2313 First Avenue, Seattle,WA 98121

Paddy Coyne’s at Pier 70 on the Waterfront

Trace inside Hotel W where Earth and Ocean used to be 1112 4th Avenue Seattle, WA 98101

Thai Curry Simple new, 3rd location at 400 Boren Ave. N. Seattle, WA. 98109