2500 replies to this topic

#1996 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I agree with everything da goose said. That burger was fantastic! I had the Ninja Deluxe: pork cutlet, cheese, bacon, shredded cabbage, tomato, Japanese mayo and tonkatsu sauce. I worried because the bun seemed hard at first but it needed to be to hold in all that goodness! At least the bun tasted good and it totally softened up by the end.

According to Jay Friedman, the pork is brined (which I suspected) and there are rumors of another location in possibly South Lake Union
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#1997 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

I also agree, I loved this place! I had the Ninja Deluxe (which Lauren described above) but with the beef patty rather than the pork cutlet. They were gracious about subbing and offered to make up a combo if I wanted to piece my own together. The bacon they use is delicious, the toppings were fresh and tasty and, in particular, I loved the extremely thinly sliced onions. I also enjoyed the sauces we tasted, especially the Sriracha mayo that Lauren had with her nori fries. The only problem with this place is the location...too far from my house!
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#1998 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

personally I think some distance between me & Katsu Burger is a good thing - otherwise I'd be eating there WAY too often :rolleyes:
I ordered the curry katsu burger and found the curry level just right - I could still taste all the other components of the burger, but I had a nice curry flavor. The curry fries were good, but did have a little too much grit from the spices. The green Tea milkshake was fabulous in a "feed your inner 6 year old" way - perhaps too sweet for someone in the mood for a more grown-up dessert.
We're totally going back!
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#1999 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I feel so ashamed that this place is so close to my house and I haven't been, but maybe that's for the better. If they open one in SLU, game over... :blink:
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#2000 croseattle

croseattle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

To echo the praise from above, I really liked Katsu Burger, even though I cheated and had a pork cutlet. I am already planning my next trip there and will probably have to fast for a week afterwards.

Pros:
1. Awesome service, people were really nice
2. Delicious fries (oh the nori fries)
3. You are going to think the bun is way too big when you first get a gander at it, but as we discussed, it was necessary due to the largess of the burger/pork/whatever you chose to be your meat.
4. Just overall yum.

Cons:
1. Georgetown? Ugh.
2. Closes at 7:30, which combined with #1 above, double ugh.

Sooo, April...looking at the list, looks like Eden hasn't picked for a while. You up for following in Katsu's amazing footsteps?

Ahhhhh: View the amazingness

#2001 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Sooo, April...looking at the list, looks like Eden hasn't picked for a while. You up for following in Katsu's amazing footsteps?

Sure, and to go in a totally different direction I'm going to pick the Golden Beetle as I've been meaning to get in there for ages & this is a fun excuse.

My mom is coming into town and Bill has a work thing, so we don't have much free till the week of the 16th, but then things are pretty clear. we could do the 16th, 17th or 18th. ditto the following week, the 23rd, 24th or 25th. What about the rest of y'all?
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#2002 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sure, and to go in a totally different direction I'm going to pick the Golden Beetle as I've been meaning to get in there for ages & this is a fun excuse.

My mom is coming into town and Bill has a work thing, so we don't have much free till the week of the 16th, but then things are pretty clear. we could do the 16th, 17th or 18th. ditto the following week, the 23rd, 24th or 25th. What about the rest of y'all?

Any of those work for me!

#2003 croseattle

croseattle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Me as well.

#2004 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Me as well.

Of those dates, I'm available only the 16th and 17th.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#2005 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Let's go with the 17th then.
So we have DaGoose, Lauren, croseattle and myself (each with plus 1?) anyone else before I call for reservations?
- Athenaeus

#2006 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

So we have DaGoose, Lauren, croseattle and myself (each with plus 1?) anyone else before I call for reservations?

Paul's out of town that week so it'll be just me.

#2007 croseattle

croseattle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just me too!
-croseattle

#2008 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'll have to bow out this time...I've got chorus practice starting up on Tuesdays again. Catch ya next time!
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#2009 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Just me! It's ladies night, I guess?

#2010 Not A Speck Of Cereal

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm so there! That is, if I'm allowed to be the sole representative of my male gender. I've gotta work on my girlish figure...
"Hey, I'd like a nice restaurant recommendation... for me to POOP on!"

Chris
Montlake, Seattle, Earth