2457 replies to this topic

#2041 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

More to add to our places to go list (warning: video starts immediately)

http://www.thrillist..._burgers_french
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#2042 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I loved the poutine and I usually don't like poutine, and oddly, every time I try to type poutine, it comes out "pouting", which is what I usually do when I eat it. But the fries managed to stand up to the gravy and not become mushy and the gravy was delicious. The cheese was different and more melted than normal cheese curds, and so technically this wasn't authentic poutine, which was maybe why I liked it.

The burger wasn't quite as good as other times I've had it, but as others said, it was overcooked, however, it was still very beefy tasting, maybe because we had them leave off the carmelized onion/mushrooms. Is it my favorite burger? No, but it's still a very good burger, especially for a neighborhood place...plus the fries rock! I also enjoyed my flight of lagers and the tasting I had of Bill and Eden's whiskey flights.

On a side note, I had breakfast here a while back and it was delicious.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#2043 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well, the month is almost over so I think it's time to tag someone for June.

Fay Jai - you up for it?

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#2044 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Fay Jai - you up for it?

Only one choice for me...Loretta's in South Park!

I will check with them Thursday night and make sure they can handle a group of our size.

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#2045 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Fay Jai - you up for it?

I will check with them Thursday night and make sure they can handle a group of our size.

~Jason

We can split up and come in two groups if needed.

#2046 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Fay Jai - you up for it?

~Jason

What did you hear back from them?

#2047 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Fay Jai - you up for it?

~Jason

What did you hear back from them?

D'oh! I'll stop in tonight on my way home and talk to them about it.
~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#2048 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

So, they do not take reservations, and they made a point of saying that it would probably just be the bartender and the cook, so the service might not be the quickest, (they note that on their menu as well,) but they would love to see us.

I let them know about how many people to expect and that we would try to give them a call with as accurate as we could give the day of. No problems.

So when is good for everyone?

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#2049 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

So, they do not take reservations, and they made a point of saying that it would probably just be the bartender and the cook, so the service might not be the quickest, (they note that on their menu as well,) but they would love to see us.

I let them know about how many people to expect and that we would try to give them a call with as accurate as we could give the day of. No problems.

~Jason

Here are my open dates in June:

18, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28.

#2050 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

18, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28.

I can make any of those (probably no Bill this time)
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#2051 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

~Jason

18, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28.

Of those, I can do 18, 21, 25, 28, but the 28th would be by far the best, if other people can make that one happen...

#2052 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

~Jason

18, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28.

Of those, I can do 18, 21, 25, 28, but the 28th would be by far the best, if other people can make that one happen...

The 28th works for me! I can also do the 21st and 26th.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#2053 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

28 is best for me as well!
www.bloatitup.com

#2054 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

28 is best for me as well!

I've got it on my calendar. What time would be best to go? The earliest I'd be able to get there would be 6:30...

#2055 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

7 seemed to work well for people last time...would that be alright with ya'll?
www.bloatitup.com