19 replies to this topic

#16 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

Yes. Tastes have changed. I like to think of Rose's as the perfected version.

#17 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

I think Rose's cheesecake recipe is perfection in a cheesecake.

But I must admit that I do one little thing differently - I zest a lemon and put the zest in.
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#18 SethG

SethG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

I usually zest a lemon and throw the zest over my shoulder.

[laughter]

No, seriously, folks... okay, settle down now. That sounds good, adding zest.
Why yes, I do have a rock climbing blog! Climb and Punishment

#19 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,601 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

chocolate grand marnier cheesecake is on my holiday baking list. trying to decide between a layer of gluten free brownie as the base or crumbled gluten free chocolate wafers.

any other gluten free crust/base ideas out there?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#20 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,601 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

ended up making a gluten free version of the "famous" chocolate wafers, crushing them with butter and sugar to make the crust for the chocolate grand marnier cheesecake. a very merry christmas cake, to be sure

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*