Dim Sum

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:11 PM

So I was lying in bed this morning and said to myself "mmmmm, dim sum." Anyone want to go tomorrow morning to Ming's on the eastside at 1030? I'll check back later today and make reservations. We can also start using this thread for dim sum related anything in the PNW.

Rocky

#2 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:45 AM

Mmmmm, har gow! Good idea Rocky.

Unfortunately, can't make it tomorrow. I'd love to do this some other time as I really haven't tried much dim sum here in Seattle--only once at Top Gun when it was in the ID.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#3 Abra

Abra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:24 AM

I'm dying to try Ming's too, ever since you said you prefer it to Noble Court, but tomorrow's not on for us. Hopefully next time!
Abra

Blogging our French adventures at French Letters

#4 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

Rocky, is this the place that is attached to a few other shops and has some wooden steps with wood railings leading to it? I think it was Mings I was at earlier this year with a friend. We went on her rec and the flavors of the dim sum we had were fresh and enjoyable.

#5 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

That sounds about right Leslie.

Rocky

#6 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

Do you guys want to try for this Sunday at Ming's? Same time frame 1030 ish, I'll wait until Saturday night to make ressies.

Rocky

#7 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

Doggone it! We're gone camping this weekend. We could do the 14th, but if this weekend works out for others, enjoy and we'll catch another one.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#8 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

I'm getting back into town this weekend just in time for Darren's Proscuitto-fest. Darn, I'll have to join you next time.....
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#9 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:26 PM

You know, I just realized that Darren's fest is this weekend. Okay, how about the 21st?

Rocky

#10 white lotus

white lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

Rocky, you're the greatest... It would be great for Dance & I to try a new dim sum place. Finally, 9/21st, a date that I can make, although being anywhere at 10:30 am on a Sunday morning is unusual for me. Luckily, Dance is a morning kind of guy and would be willing to get my body there. How is the tea there? Hope this is a good day for others. :o wl

#11 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

Rocky, you're the greatest... It would be great for Dance & I to try a new dim sum place. Finally, 9/21st, a date that I can make, although being anywhere at 10:30 am on a Sunday morning is unusual for me. Luckily, Dance is a morning kind of guy and would be willing to get my body there. How is the tea there? Hope this is a good day for others. :o wl

The tea is very nice, several varieties to choose from.

Rocky

#12 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:18 AM

If I can rearrange some things, we might be able to make the 21st. Will let you know.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

#13 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:26 AM

You know, I just realized that Darren's fest is this weekend.  Okay, how about the 21st?

Rocky

yes please - sign me up! I was bummed that I couldn't go this last weekend!

I assume that as with other DimSum places, having a seafood allergy means I will have to skip about 2/3 of the dishes, but I really love the few items I can have, and y'all can fight over my share of the fishy-bits :o
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#14 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

You know, I just realized that Darren's fest is this weekend.  Okay, how about the 21st?

Rocky

yes please - sign me up! I was bummed that I couldn't go this last weekend!

I assume that as with other DimSum places, having a seafood allergy means I will have to skip about 2/3 of the dishes, but I really love the few items I can have, and y'all can fight over my share of the fishy-bits :o

Mmmmm, fishy-bits. :P

Rocky

#15 Fred Rowe

Fred Rowe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:07 PM

Fred and Ed would like to join you at Ming's for dim sum on the 21st.
Fred Rowe (FWED) Seattle

If you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussel sprouts never do