156 replies to this topic

#151 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

Anyone interested in having the discussions of what we're making (like posole and Barbacoa) that aren't necessarily suggestions of future projects moved into either (a) their own threads or (b) an uber-thread called something like "What we're cooking, Latino style"?

I split out barbacoa and posole into their own threads, as well as the side-discussion of which cookbooks to buy.

Edited to add: What are we going to cook next? You realize we never did make Sopa de Lima, even though it was one of the original ideas! :unsure:
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#152 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:11 PM

I'm thinking of making "mexican soups" the next Soup of the Fortnight. Might be fun to do some cross-forum synergy and finally get around to doing Sopa de Lima. (Hey, it worked for gumbo!)

~A
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#153 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

Are the powers that be taking requests for the next cooking project? If so, I am keen on making a mole.
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#154 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:23 PM

If so, I am keen on making a mole.

Hey, there...

Posted Image
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#155 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

my sides just split.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary (current review: glenmorangie signet)

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#156 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

That's so funny, I forgot to laugh. :P
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#157 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

I want to hear all about Cristina's recent trip to Chiapas!

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed