84 replies to this topic

#1 white lotus

white lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:34 PM

This is advance warning to mark your calendars for Saturday, February 11th, time TBA at Lauren's house. Many thanks to Lauren for generously offering up her place to those of us who are curious about which recipe in the mac & cheese universe is best suited to our personality profile. Those of you who have always wanted to try a particular recipe by Martha Stewart, Oprah, D. Rosengarten, Alton B. etc. or those of you who already have your own fabulous version i.e. M.G. Apicus, Sea Gal should be in attendence. Those of you not making mac & cheese can bring what ever else might compliment. Hopefully, you can make it. :D wl

#2 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

I call Chili Mac! :D

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#3 srhcb

srhcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

I get to be Velveeta & Shells!

SB (love that foil pouch of golden goodness) :D
In the Country of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King, but .....
In the Land of the Insane, the Half-Wit is Hanged. - "Pogo"

#4 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

I'll make Scott's version from the old Blue Onion Bistro. :D We'll be there!

Cheers,
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#5 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:03 AM

I'll make Martha's version- it's my staple!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#6 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

After spending in week in Santa Fe in September, I'm excited to make a green chile mac and cheese that we had there. Yum.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#7 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

It looks like a lot of mac and cheese - which i love but I also love love love LMF"S mac and cheese so Greg and I will bring "something to go with mac and cheese"
Della

#8 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

I was going through my recipes this weekend and came across the mac and cheese recipes that I gathered last year. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to pass them on. I have David Rosengarten's, John Thorne's, Patti La Belle's etc.

Della's right, it does look like a lot of mac and cheese! But I know we are troopers :rolleyes: Besides, it only takes a bite or two of each to compare!

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#9 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

a nice green salad goes well with M&C! :rolleyes:
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#10 kayswv

kayswv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

I'm sure we could come up with a recipe to use some of the Vacherin Mont d'Or we just got at 27.5 for a whole cheese-but wait, we can't legally bring it back to CONUS. Shucks, guess we'll have to share it all with our kids while in UK. Ooh I love that stuff. Even without pasta.

Al posting under kayswv

#11 schielke

schielke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

This sounds great. I'll check with the missus as to if we can make it. :rolleyes:

#12 Fred Rowe

Fred Rowe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:47 AM

Well I'm finally taking a brake from chocolate making and cookies. It is Christmas time after all. And what should appear. A couple of potlucks. Wonderful. Ed (MG Apicus) says he will bring his mac and cheese and I will think of something to go with it. Fred
Fred Rowe (FWED) Seattle

If you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussel sprouts never do

#13 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

I'm in!

I've got a Christopher Kimball recipe from a Cook's Illustrated from 1999 or early 2000 that I really like. I still have the issue around the house somewhere.

GL, three cheers for Scott's mac and cheese. Anyone seen him around lately (he posts under the name PapaChef).

#14 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

GL, three cheers for Scott's mac and cheese. Anyone seen him around lately (he posts under the name PapaChef).

Hi Sue! He's still posting on eG but he's using the name chefturnedbum now. It sounds like he has a new venture planned, you should check out his posts........

#15 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:17 PM

:rolleyes: Scott's new restaurant "Fork" was mentioned in this week's Seattle Weekly!

Can't wait for it to open!

Oh, and Scott sent me another mac-n-cheese recipe that seems to be a variation of the original. I'll have to dig it up and see if I want to make that one instead....

Cheers,
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien