4129 replies to this topic

#1 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

Oh what a comeback game that was yesterday! Great cheers for the Boomer; great bottom of the ninth (!), two out comeback; and then the exciting finish in the 12th.
It's a thrill to tune in whenever I can, and know that even if they're down, they're not necessarily out.
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#2 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

The pre-game analysis said that David Wells has a rubber arm. Is that allowed?
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#3 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:47 PM

Is it steroid-free rubber?
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#4 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,946 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

The pre-game analysis said that David Wells has a rubber arm. Is that allowed?

Sure. Haven't you heard of the pitcher's rubber?

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#5 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

Is that a position on the coaching staff?
Elect-a-lujah

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#6 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,946 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

Don't know about the coaching staff but there are lots of positions on the pitching staff: starters, long relievers, short relievers, and closers (who usually rely on the high hard one).

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#7 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,442 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:11 PM

Pitcher's rubber goes on the pitcher's staff.
Coaching staff has to buy their own rubbers.

#8 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:54 PM

Now the bats are singing a lovely tune, and the only starter we can find is a rookie with one major league appearance behind him. We do need to throw the ball, as well as hit the ball and catch the ball. :angry:
Elect-a-lujah

#9 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

The sun goes away, the temperature falls, everyone gets the first headcold of winter: must be time for the baseball to get serious. Jeter has shaken off the dust, anyway: .467 for the last 11 games. I hope the traditional late season business of giving the Red Sox the impression that they might overtake us is over and done with, but the weekend will tell. I still think we're at least one pitcher short, maybe two (thanks a lot, K. Brown), but at least Babe Ruth will be on the bench for the Red Sox series.*

*Whether Yankees fans believe this or not doesn't matter; it's important that Red Sox fans believe it. :D
Elect-a-lujah

#10 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

El Duque will be pitching the first game in the Red Sox series tonight. This is someone Boston could have signed earlier in the season, if they'd shaken some change out of their trouser cuffs, and now he's 8-0 with a 2.49 ERA.

:D
Elect-a-lujah

#11 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:48 PM

Supposed to go to the game tonight but I'm afraid it will get rained out. Yankees will do everything possible to get the game in instead of rescheduling so as not to have to face Schilling in a make-up game.

If Yankees take 2 of 3, season is just about over.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#12 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:01 PM

Guess it's just about over, then.
Elect-a-lujah

#13 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:00 PM

So much for Mr Pedro "I'm so tough. Everybody's scared of me. I ain't scared of nobody, especially if they're over seventy" Martinez.

Bring on Mr Schilling. :D
Elect-a-lujah

#14 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:56 PM

Hmph.

Oh well, 3-3 from the two series. Which means they are still staring forlornly at the Yankees' dust.
Elect-a-lujah

#15 beachfan

beachfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:54 AM

A good day in the Bronx - Jeter dazzles with the leather, two clutch big hits by ARod, 2 HRs by Matsui, Mo bags two more, and magic number goes from 4 to 1.

Put the Krug on ice, tomorrows the day.