All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I was wandering around Chinatown, popped into a newly opened grocery store on Mott and saw some yakult drinks right inside the entrance. Obviously this is an omen, but what does it mean?
  3. buddhism is still an option. The kid asked if i was doing passover this year. i laughed and laughed and laughed, then mentioned that she'd need to part with the bagels and the mac and cheese she requested
  4. Yesterday
  5. A Japanese friend once told me that he was very worried while he was in Mexico for his honeymoon until he saw a yakult lady in Mexico City and felt like everything will be okay.
  6. I salute you! I can't imagine a spreadsheet of meals that I would actually stick to. I can see having to plan to incorporate required traditional foods/dishes and certainly the avoidance of forbidden ones, but beyond that my meal planning mindset is strictly from the hip. (When I taught and when I bought, lesson and merchandise plans were constructs I submitted to appease management. Once done, I free-styled.)
  7. Husband did the same thing. Horrible odor but absolutely sublime interior flavor, He now keeps one mouldering/aging in a sealed container. Quite amazing stuff, so very different from normal feta.
  8. Ah, I thought this was a single seder's worth.
  9. We're a family of three. But excluding the meals we've been invited out for (second seder and one lunch) there are a total of 14 meals I have to shop for. It's all spreadsheeted out.
  10. How many people are you hosting, like 87?
  11. Still working on cleaning out my fridge in advance of Passover - toast with butter and the last of the homemade gooseberry jam. I felt like Frances the badger.
  12. Hershey Bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (the original) are made with sugar and not corn syrup like I'd assumed, so I can have some junk food on Passover.
  13. supposedly these actually have flavor. hubby bought some because nostalgia.
  14. Just like when we kept a block of feta in the fridge a little too long, and found that it had changed into something wonderful and funky (and irreproducible).
  15. Sadly, the Trenton Thunder's Pork Roll apparel collection has been trimmed down considerably: Pork Roll – Trenton Thunder Official Store (shopbaseballcollective.com). I consider myself lucky to have scored an original shirt.
  16. Enjoy your stay here! For dim sum, I recommend Palette Tea House in Ghirardelli Square. It's near my office and I've been there a few times.
  17. Sadly, the avocados came from Mexico, not our backyard. But someday.....
  18. I did my Passover shopping yesterday. Two states, 5 stores. And there's still stuff that I need. The back seat was also covered.
  19. I should have used the word relatives. When they arrived in the community that predates Tel Aviv, (late 19th c) they were told there was a need for matzoh bakers which is the origin of the company. There was a family history commissioned when the family celebrated a century in Israel which is a fascinating document.
  20. Reminds me of the dozens of Japanese films I've watched on United and Air France.
  21. That is a very roundabout way to advertise yogurt.
  22. 2019 Coppola Director's Cut Cabernet Sauvignon. Pretty good. What's extra good is the label which is a replica of a 19th century zoetrope stip. Thanks, Francis. https://wineonsale.com/products/directors-cut-alexander-valley-cabernet-sauvignon-2020-750-ml?currency=USD&variant=44376464916618&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=adcd3ecfeb5e
  23. Memories. The first ever post on Mouthfuls was me describing a dinner at Le Bernardin. I was taken to lunch there by the New York law firm that wanted to sponsor me for my green card. But why it’s front of mind is that I was just paging through Patricia Wells’ old Paris food guide, and there is Gilbert Le Coze standing up Le B in Paris. Ou sont les neiges d’auntun?
  24. It's actually "yakult swallows," which I am afraid to tell my inner 8-year-old.
  1. Load more activity