171 replies to this topic

#166 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

the slices I had at the newish F&F pizza from the franks and some other famous pizza makers were as good as any on the relatively recent serious eats slice list and better than what you get at paulie gee’s etc. the siciian is only served at opening and again sometime in the afternoon, so I didn’t try it, but the other two slices they had on offer were terrific and worlds better than anything I’ve had from the franks before. limited seating, no booze, prolly a hassle on the weekend, scarcity marketing works (on me), etc etc.

#167 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:20 AM

Went to Leo’s Sour Dough last night. From the people that brought you ops. It was my pre dinner slice or two. They only have a small section of the place opened and are expanding the menu to pasta and pizza and small plates. They had only square slices. We ordered two without tomato sauce. Thin, a little greasy, and like 5 bucks a slice. Maybe 4 inches across perhaps closer to three. Kind of steep on the pricing, considering it was semi heated and not too exiting. Just saying I don’t see a rush to go there while they are operating like This
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#168 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

mushroom:

49024091397_ef954642dc_z.jpg

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#169 sweatshorts

sweatshorts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

Caveat that I was pretty drunk and hadn't eaten in 10 hours, but the two slices I had at Paulie Gee's Slice Shop last night was the best slice pizza I've had in a long time.  I ask the woman taking orders what their two best slices were and she suggested the Freddy Prince (square) and Hellboy (pepperoni and hot honey).  The Freddy Prince was great -- nice crispy bottom, fluffy and well cooked middle, and a restrained layer of really good sauce and cheese.  The sesame seeds on the bottom were a little different, and I might have suggested a 25% in reduction in them, but an excellent slice all around.  My favorite individual slice I've had in a while.  The Hellboy was a little sloppier but still pretty well balance, great crust.  Place was very busy around 11/12 last night -- no line but full house when I got there and when I left there were probably 10 people in line.  Waited around 5-10 minutes for my slices, seems like they actually care about properly reheating them instead of just churning them out. 

m71TH8z.jpg

#170 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,826 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

Sometimes, like after a little party at Existing Conditions, these rank right up there with some of the best slices available...

tu9aXP4.jpg?1

Joe's.

#171 The Flon

The Flon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Sometimes, like after a little party at Existing Conditions, these rank right up there with some of the best slices available...

tu9aXP4.jpg?1

Joe's.

Did you break into my apartment? Exact color of our kitchen counters.

#172 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,826 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

Either Joe's or you both have good taste!