171 replies to this topic

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

I went to Best Pizza yesterday.. The place has certainly changed since I was there last..  It was a small pizza place, friendly, almost retro, turned into this faux thuggy sort of annoying place... We went last night with child, to blasting hip hop music.. Like the dirty stuff.. Like my "hard" looking check out girl mouthed the words cocaine and mother fucker all why checking me out... 6ix9ine's Chocolate bumping at such a loud level that someone got up to turn the music down... The patron was met with a "yo, yo, yo, don't touch that shit, nobody touches that shit.."  The patron then responds, "oh, last time I was here, someone turned down the music."  He was met with a "yo, i said nobody touches that shit"   

Lil Wayne is up next on the single speaker set up with a smart phone docked to it.. The music was really loud for a single set up, unfortunately, the music blasts in one direction.. 

Anyway, pizza was good.. The white pizza was lovely.. However, the sweet onions were sort of unceremoniously dumped in one location.. The veggie pizza was just bad however, the crust was amazing... The plain slice was the best flavor in my opinion though needed salt and it all would be best if it was served grand ma style.. The veggie slice had that buttery crunchy crust... It was really good except for the vegetables. 

Anyway, cool kids were trying way too hard, I just wanted a pizza, not an insight into their living rooms minus the marijuana smoke and xbox.

29412374197_59ef708b05_z.jpg

Salad was straight up Italian Restaurant in Jersey.. It was made a little fancy via roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced olives gave it a nice touch... It was vinegary and pickley and drenched in dressing. 

29412374067_ae76384090_z.jpg

In conclusion, the plain slice is good, i would compare it to any respected slice joint in any town in Jersey.. I would say the grandma slice is exemplary.. Next time I'll get it to go..   Dressing on the side for salad, might ask them to add anchovies. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#32 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

yo, whatcha mean anchovies?  nobody touches that shit!

#33 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,523 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:26 AM

I must before I die (or move offices which hopefully is sooner) eat a slice at Pizza Suprema on 8th Ave, best in Manhattan according to the poor dyspeptic soul who ate every slice he could find (over 400).

It may change my mind about pizza, why have I been delaying?

#34 Neocon maudit

Neocon maudit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:21 AM

The Suprema near Penn Station, right?  It's...respectable, and probably better than the 99-cent slices populating that area, but one doesn't have to be a Jersey-chauvinist like Daniel to concede many neighbourhood slices in NJ are better.  And Suprema's physical space isn't conducive to lingering.

[Full disclosure: I grew up on the Jersey Shore, so I may not be wholly impartial on this matter.]

#35 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

yo, whatcha mean anchovies?  nobody touches that shit!

Did someone say extra anchovies?

42555833370_63b38f6eff_z.jpg

#36 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 PM

I must before I die (or move offices which hopefully is sooner) eat a slice at Pizza Suprema on 8th Ave, best in Manhattan according to the poor dyspeptic soul who ate every slice he could find (over 400).

I would not get this one though

43647294104_f118e6b01a_z.jpg

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

The Suprema near Penn Station, right?  It's...respectable, and probably better than the 99-cent slices populating that area, but one doesn't have to be a Jersey-chauvinist like Daniel to concede many neighbourhood slices in NJ are better.  And Suprema's physical space isn't conducive to lingering.

[Full disclosure: I grew up on the Jersey Shore, so I may not be wholly impartial on this matter.]

Ha, i don't know if I would be considered aggressively pro jersey... I just call it how I see it.. Mind you, I am still living among the land of sub par bagels and run of the mill slices for a reason but,  slices are not one of them. 

#38 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

Isn't it mouthfuls canon that slices and bagels are better in the burbs? This feels pretty obvious to me.

(also obviously Jersey sucks, but that so self-evident I feel like even mentioning it might make me a pedant)

(obvious joke is obvious)

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#39 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

Whatever bro,  we pump fists not gas...  Snookie 4 life. 

#40 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,100 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

Isn't it mouthfuls canon that slices and bagels are better in the burbs? This feels pretty obvious to me.

(also obviously Jersey sucks, but that so self-evident I feel like even mentioning it might make me a pedant)

You're supposed to mention it to Jersey, not go writing about it on the internet.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#41 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Whatever bro,  we pump fists not gas...  Snookie 4 life. 

strong-island1.jpg

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#42 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

You're supposed to mention it to Jersey, not go writing about it on the internet.

Jersey does not care if you come back.

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

I am opening an Italian Bakery in Jersey and I am calling it, "Take the Cannoli" 

#44 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,100 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

I walked by the pizza on Prince St. where I used to sometimes get a square pie which was better than average (I'm sure due to a cup of oil per square) and was surprised to learn it's now a tourist attraction. 

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#45 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

Both tourists and locals do line up at Prince St. Pizza. I have the occasional pepperoni slice there, but that one usually has 1.25 cups of oil.