228 replies to this topic

#226 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

My employer has suddenly decided to go all 21st century and give us iPads.  I received mine today.  What do I do with it? I'm still trying to master the Blackberry they gave me in November.

Help! (i'm such a luddite)

Bar Loser

MF Old

#227 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Actually I have a web browser question related to MF - if I read multiple page thread and I want to get back to the list of threads, how do I do this without clicking the back button multiple times? is there a way to drop down a menu of the pages visited and clicking on the one I want?

A long touch on the back button will pull up a list of your history. Lex' suggestion upthread is another way: create a bookmark from the new content page and then it's two clicks (the bookmarks icon and then the new content bookmark).

Thank you, the "long touch" was exactly what I was looking for.

Future Legacy Participant.

#228 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

So, I have a language course that I downloaded from CD to my PC to iTunes on my PC. It appears on my music playlist and works fine from there. But, it does not appear on my iPad or iPhone playlists. I have the iCloud enabled to share. I went to the Apple store and asked them why--the answer was that there are some things that a PC can "read" that the iPhone iPad cannot. That doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have a similar experience. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

#229 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

i had a loaner ipad from the college for a term for the purposes of evaluation. i concluded it was not for me. it's not small enough to substitute for a smart phone and when i'm home or at work i much prefer my laptop--speaking of which, i love my recently replacement, new macbook pro.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson