26 replies to this topic

#16 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

If you're a tifosi, then I must suggest downloading the Graham Watson app. Watson is a photographer who has been following the pro peloton for years. He's uploading photos daily of the must completed stage which are glorious. And he has a collection of photos from races past. I particularly liked the gallery of photos of the old Mapei squad with their multi-colored kits.
Future Legacy Participant.

#17 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,561 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

What, the stragglers are still finishing?  :lol:

#18 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

thought this was interesting

http://deadspin.com/...full (Deadspin)

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#19 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Sky released the results of Froome's bloodwork and power reading for the past few years to some reporters and doctors who have reviewed them and said his results are reasonable for someone not doping. At this point, who knows what the truth is. But it's been fun to watch. Thursday's double d'Huez was delightfully cruel. And watching Qunitana emerge has been great.

I successfully managed to avoid scheduling all meetings before noon for the last three weeks until Friday. What the hell was I thinking. After tomorrow's final in Paris I'll be chomping at the bit until the Veuelta starts.

#20 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Chris Horner becomes the third American to win a grand tour and the first to win the Vuelta. At a month shy of 42 he's also the oldest man to ever win a GT. I didn't get a chance to follow as closely as I would have liked, but it was an exciting battle between Horner and Vincenzo Nibali, winner of this year's Giro.

As has become standard, we now wait to make sure no bad news comes out.

#21 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

That was a monster climb today.  It was as if he was toying with the Columbian, who will no doubt be a force to reckon with over the years.

Well the Columbian is now a force. Truly masterful performance in the final week of the Giro. Quintana made that mountain on Friday's time trial his bitch.

Now the new young cyclist on the scene to keep an eye out for is Fabian Aru. He put in a very impressive 3 weeks.

#22 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Tour started yesterday in Leeds. Today's stage was a challenging 201 km ride through Yorkshire with 8 categorized climbs including my personal favorite - the Cote de Blubberhouses.

Fantastic finish with most of the GC contenders dueling to the finish. Tomorrow they start in Cambridge and end in London. And later this week - cobbles! Thanks goodness work is now at its quiet point so I can follow the Tour in the morning.

#23 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Froome done.  Whose left of the pre-race favs?

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#24 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

Contador dropped down in GC today but he can make up time in the mountains. Nibali is wearing yellow - hasn't had a great season thus far, but he is a past Giro winner. From the US both van Garderen and Talansky have potential to podium. Purito ( J. Rodriguez) is a past Vuelta winner but doesn't have a shot in hell. Mollema had a good tour last year, not sure how strong his team is this year.

I'm very impressed with Nibali's performance today.

#25 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

What blovie said. Great cycling if you love crashes...and who doesn't!!!

Lance.

Pretty intense.

#26 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

All I know is that a bunch of wannabe's were all over Mt. Ventoux and other roads in Provence while Ginny and I were just trying to drive our big car through the area.  No bike lanes there.  I shoulda layed on the horn  :ph43r: .

This space available… contact owner.

#27 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Nibali was a stud.  Nice to see France with 2 on the podium.  There are some great young riders, bodes well for the future, I think.

I seriously don't know how these guys do it without drugs... ;)  ;)  ;) .