581 replies to this topic

#571 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Can we also mention that, if the Ravens don't make the goal line stand, John Harbaugh's failure to use his timeouts before the 2:00 minute warning would have been one of the greatest clock management blunders in football history.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#572 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,104 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Can we also mention that, if the Ravens don't make the goal line stand, John Harbaugh's failure to use his timeouts before the 2:00 minute warning would have been one of the greatest clock management blunders in football history.

Agreed, but foiling a fade just doesn't seem like a goal line stand.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#573 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I was more than a few drinks in at that point, but wasn't it 3 incompletions? 

#574 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I was more than a few drinks in at that point, but wasn't it 3 incompletions? 

At about 2:35 to go, he let the clock run down to the 2:00 min warning. If SF had scored, Baltimore would have had < 2:00 (probably under 1:50) to drive with probably one or two time outs. If he uses them to stop the clock after runs and SF scores on the third play, Baltimore has the ball with > 2:00 (probably over 2:20) to go plus the two minute warning plus one time out. Best case, three incomplete passes, they've got the ball with > 2:20, three timeouts, and the two minute warning.

#575 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

They should have been put to the test with the Niners trying to ram the ball down their gut instead of trying both the roll out and the fade.

Youth.

#576 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Though both brothers have timeout issues: http://www.slate.com...ncisco_the.html

#577 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Questionable play calling for sure. The play they were going to run before having to burn that timeout was a read option to the left. Kaepernick has had trouble with the audibles and the play clock.

#578 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

NFL 2012 in GIFS

(Scroll down to the Harbaugh series.)

#579 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#580 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good move by the Chiefs. Jamaal Charles is on of the league's better backs (maybe the best right now not named "Peterson") and Smith, plus an upgrade at receiver, could improve their passing game enough to make a major difference for the team.

#581 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

In my fevered dreams I was hoping the Jets would pick him up.  I assume they don't have the money because they've given it all to Sanchez.

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#582 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,104 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

In my fevered dreams I was hoping the Jets would pick him up.  I assume they don't have the money because they've given it all to Sanchez.

Giving new meaning to the term Dirty Sanchez.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought