4 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

OpenTable has been promoting its reservations services with various "readers choice" recommends of most romantic restaurants in many of its service areas. This is part of its Valentine's Week (sic) marketing.

The readers / users voted for

Canlis

Il Bistro in Belltown

El Gaucho

The Melting Pot

Andaluca

Rover's

Via Tribunali, La Romanza, Place Pigalle, and the Georgian rounded out the top 10

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 peppyre

peppyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

I would add Lark. Beautiful and romantic room serving some of the best food that I've had. 

#3 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

The Melting Pot? Romantic? That's insane.

That list seems odd to me. It's been forever since I've been to Andaluca and I don't remember the dining room well enough to know if it is romantic or not. But Via Tribunali is not a space I consider romantic. Nor is the Georgian, unless you like eating in a room as well lit as a hospital dining hall. I don't know La Romanza.

I like the space at Book Bindery but I don't think of it as romantic because the room is too open. For intimacy, it's got to be El Gaucho for me.

edited to correct misspelling.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm of two minds on OpenTable's voting process for namings of "most romantic" or "best view" etc.  On the one hand, the idea that 6000 people voted and these places were selected gives the process some credibility.  On the other hand, some (a lot of) people must have a bizarre idea of what romantic means.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#5 Really Nice!

Really Nice!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Seattle has romantic restaurants? :wacko:

"Wasting away in Margaritaville.”

Jimmy Buffett