#76 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yes. That honor is your's alone.
"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#77 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Are you suggesting a Farrell's Rule? That no one can post about a place unless they've been there?

That would cut the Carbone thread from 50 pages down to two.
"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#78 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,866 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

And they wouldn't be the best two, either.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#79 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

my skepticism about beer table appears to be unfounded.  they may have a new place in clinton hill, which is larger and will allow them to have a bigger, better kitchen and do more things.

#80 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

They've moved closer to your apartment.  Coincidence?  I think not.

#81 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Are you suggesting a Farrell's Rule? That no one can post about a place unless they've been there? 

Wouldn't you think it curious if it turned out I had never been to Sammy's Roumanian?

#82 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Wouldn't you think it curious if it turned out I had never been to Sammy's Roumanian?

I'll bet you wish you hadn't.

#83 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I really wish I spent enough time if bars for it to be a factor.  still you'll be unsurprised to find that there's nothing I think is good within walking distance and I'm glad they'll be closer.

#84 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

True, but I'd also be a lot more reticent about criticizing it.

#85 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

True, but I'd also be a lot more reticent about criticizing it.

In my neighborhood Farrell's is a watchword for "dive with bar fights"  in the same way that Bernie Madoff is shorthand for "white collar criminal."

You have been trying to shame me on this issue for 5 years now without success but by all means, please keep trying.

#86 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Not at all.  No reason you should have been as intrepid in exploring Brooklyn as me. 

#87 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Not at all.  No reason you should have been as trepidatious in exploring Brooklyn as me. 

After Port 41 I've got nothing left to prove.

#88 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Says the man who saw the woman crawling on the sidewalk in front of the bar and kept walking.

You did join me eventually.

You, seven years ago:D

#89 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Says the man who saw the woman crawling on the sidewalk in front of the bar and kept walking.

You did join me eventually.

I felt the urge to protect you.

I'll tell you what - it takes a special type of person who sees a drunken women crawling around on the sidewalk outside a dive bar and says to himself "Yes, this must be the place."  I've walked through drug dealers congregating in the lobby of a building in the South Bronx and thought it less frightening that walking into the hellmouth of port 41.

#90 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Heh.

It's not what it was.