5 replies to this topic

#1 scrat

scrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Please share your favorites with me.  Thanks!

#2 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

Bagel Deli up on Capitol Hill is my long time fave, and as a bonus their "Kaiser spread" is killer on pumpernickel

A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#3 beccaboo

beccaboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

I like the Montreal bagels at Eltana.

#4 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

I like the ones from Eltana as well. I haven't found any others that have the texture I'm looking for.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#5 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I need to try Eltana. My favorite is Bagel Oasis here in Ravenna. Nice, chewy, dense texture and they have a decent scallion cream cheese schmear.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#6 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I like Eltana, but they're not a new york bagel, so you can't come in with the expectations. I haven't had a bagel in Seattle in years, because we do so many other things well...but I always thought bagel deli was a little too oversize/overly doughy for me. Bagel Oasis is closer, though I find their bialy to be the best thing and tended to stick with that.