526 replies to this topic

#526 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

We had a fabulous dinner at recently opened Bistro D'Azur in South Orange. The restaurant is beautifully designed, the food is sensational, and the service is friendly. We were pleasantly surprised to see one of our former servers from the now closed Tillie’s working there. I highly recommend this restaurant. We have to find a way to fit it into our tight restaurant rotation. We shared 3 excellent appetizers including a special of scallops topped with foie gras in a carrot ginger puree, and a fig reduction; lobster crepe with chardonnay butter, melted leeks and mushrooms (split portion pictured); roasted beet salad with baked goat cheese, arugula, fennel, and radish in an orange vinaigrette. For entrees I had melt in your mouth roasted lamb rib chops, chermoula, pearl couscous, squash, dried fruit, and almonds. Mrs. P had pan seared diver scallops paella with saffron calasparra rice, chicken, chorizo, escargot, peas, pimento, and tomato beurre. It all went great with a 2014 Mario Bazan cabernet.

gBkFuhhh.jpg

wgngFqRh.jpg

waeA6Q8h.jpg

zulDr7uh.jpg

NwHa8pih.jpg

sdMl2d9h.jpg

sQ0sZOGh.jpg

Q0ma2Snh.jpg

Follow me on Instagram @eparyzer

#527 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

We finally made it out to Il Nido in Marlboro township and had a spectacular dinner. Our server Sergio was fantastic. Real old school service. It was worth the almost 1 hour trip. I wish this place was closer. We have to find a way to get back here again before the crazy summer traffic.
We started off with several appetizers including homemade tagliatelle in a capon bolognese; veal and wild boar meatballs; crispy duck confit with charred onions, shiitake mushrooms, and a puntarelle caesar salad. For entrees Mrs. P enjoyed a beautiful whole black sea bass stuffed with lemons and caper leaves. I enjoyed a supposed 45 day dry aged filet mignon with fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme and a salsa verde. It just melted in your mouth. For dessert we enjoyed the orange olive oil cake. It all went great with an excellent Mario Bazan cabernet.

rTugd5zh.jpg

ZBuBqmJh.jpg

XFg28qvh.jpg

UMj4vlvh.jpg

6mgYevGh.jpg

ITxF3D5h.jpg

X55twWxh.jpg

os2Ikoih.jpg

eGtBtYEh.jpg

Io3lddvh.jpg

f00ZPRvh.jpg

Follow me on Instagram @eparyzer