3 replies to this topic

#1 DanM

DanM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

I stumbled across Paris Grocery while looking at the businesses near our hotel. They claim to have a selection of fine cheeses, bread from Macrina Bakery, random pantry goods, and French & Belgian beers. It looks like a great place to pack a picnic. Does anyone know of this place?

Thanks!
Blessed are the cheesemakers.

#2 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

It's charming.  It's owned by the same people as Spanish Table.  I don't get in there often, but the selection is fun & the employees are friendly.

A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#3 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I like it too. Prices are high but I still buy stuff from there, when I can't get down to PFI.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#4 DanM

DanM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I stopped in before dinner to grab some cheese and beer. I did not look too closely, but the cheese was best by 9/20/13 and the beer was drink by May 2013. The beer tasted flat and past it's prime, now I know why... The other cheese was wrapped in plastic... A major cheese no-no. I emailed them, but will not go back even if they will give me a refund.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.