2 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

McDonald's Kroger and other customers had dropped meat containing the ammonia washed scraps material in the face of public outrage.

NY Times:

“Our research shows that consumers believe ground beef products containing finely textured beef should be clearly labeled,” John Keating, president of Cargill’s beef operations, said in a statement.  “We’ve listened to the public, as well as our customers, and that is why today we are declaring our commitment to labeling finely textured beef.”

http://www.nytimes.c...inder.html?_r=0

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Finely textured, nice euphemism!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

ABC News has settled with South Dakota meat processors over an ABC report about finely ground meat particles. The amount was not publicly disclosed. The meat people asked for about $1.9 billion.

In its recent quarterly filing, Disney acknowledged costs of $177 million for settled litigation, above amounts covered by insurance. Counsel for the meat people indicated the amount was larger, without giving details.

Don't use the term "pink slime" and don't misrepresent the benefits of this fine product.

https://www.nytimes....disney-abc.html

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.