#46 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

Hmmmm

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#47 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

I saw some 4k tvs over the weekend and was really struck by how much better the picture was than what I have at home. (5 year old sony and a blu ray.) I assume that all the tvs were showing 4k discs that aren't out yet and that the picture won't be as good with upscaled blu rays, which will probably be most of what I watch. I also assume that there won't be a ton of 4k content apart from netflix for a while. we don't have cable and I use an antenna to watch football, the rest if what we watch is probably 50/50 rented blu rays or streaming.

the salesman told me that samsung has the best picture, which seems right based on what's on the floor, and is confirmed by google, but I couldn't find reviews on cnet for the model I was looking at.

we can't go larger than 50 inches without rearranging the living room or blocking the windows, so I'm looking at a 40 inch samsung ju7100 for about 850 or maybe the 50 inch one for 1000.

thoughts?