965 replies to this topic

#901 The Flon

The Flon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

For what it's worth, the temp was spot on. My friends can sometimes be a little critical and we gobbled it all up. If you hadn't provided 7lbs of french fries we would have finished those too, Lauren actually said how this was one of the few places  in NYC she'd had a proper french fry.

The wings are fantastic and I'm glad I finally had them. By then, we were way too full. You continue to have delightful bar staff.

Thanks for the hospitality! My concert at Music Hall of Williamsburg afterwards was great

I can't believe that steak is not selling. Especially after people get a whiff of it as it comes out. THE AGING SMELL IS SEDUCTIVE.

Fuck everyone

If your place was by my apartment I'd be resigned to a short but happy life.

#902 greenspace

greenspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:10 PM

so whats the top secret mek-methodTM other than hustling to the back up butcher and cooking it fast?  :D

------------------------------

“We wanted a higher level of culinary discourse”

"I was much further out than you thought

And not waving but drowning."

#903 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

so whats the top secret mek-methodTM other than hustling to the back up butcher and cooking it fast? :D

Exactly. :-) i would tell you but, then I’d have to George Washington you
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#904 sweatshorts

sweatshorts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:00 AM

Daniel I thought you said steak night was Thursdays?

#905 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,878 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

Heh he’s sneaky.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#906 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

Daniel I thought you said steak night was Thursdays?

Usually but, Halloween and the boy

#907 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

Hey, my name is Daniel, welcome. Is this your first time here, actually, we met before, I worked here for two months

#908 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

well, according to the infatuation, we are one of the best restaurants in Williamsburg and we have the single best sandwich... But, even more so, he does't like my wings   :(   Anyway, always nice when people say nice things and of course, it's my job to dwell on the one negative thing.. I wish they touched on the burger too. 

https://www.theinfat...gs-williamsburg

#909 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

Hey, its a great review.  The real value from it is that it has lots of pictures of the place and the food.  Goes a long way to attract folks.  You guys do very good looking (&, yes, tasting) food.  Congrats.

And, don't worry.  Everyone else likes your wings.  Can I get a couple of hundred to go?

This space available… contact owner.

#910 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

With a side of steak frites?

#911 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

Hey, its a great review.  The real value from it is that it has lots of pictures of the place and the food.  Goes a long way to attract folks.  You guys do very good looking (&, yes, tasting) food.  Congrats.

And, don't worry.  Everyone else likes your wings.  Can I get a couple of hundred to go?

Thank you, that's really nice of you to say... We haven' seen you in so long, completely forgot about the Antic this year, which I will for ever associate with you and Ginny. 

#912 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Oh, so Thursday steak night has moved to Trivia Wednesday and Thursday is now a dance party... So, i think we are either slowly phasing out steak night, may move it to Tuesday... It's just too much for me to worry about and too little of a pay out... If I was rocking and rolling and it was a sense of joy to me, that would be one thing but, if I am adding stress and people aren't digging it, what's the point..  So yeh, either way, I am happy to have spent the time learning and may pull it out down the road unless, Tuesday people are into to it.  

#913 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

....Thursday is now a dance party...

It's all about the experience.

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#914 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:33 AM

Oh, so Thursday steak night has moved to Trivia Wednesday and Thursday is now a dance party... So, i think we are either slowly phasing out steak night, may move it to Tuesday... It's just too much for me to worry about and too little of a pay out... If I was rocking and rolling and it was a sense of joy to me, that would be one thing but, if I am adding stress and people aren't digging it, what's the point..  So yeh, either way, I am happy to have spent the time learning and may pull it out down the road unless, Tuesday people are into to it.  

2 Questions:

Is it Tuesday in Clinton Hill?

Will it remain on the regular menu (which might not be a bad idea...), at a different price point?

#915 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Domino. eh, i truly just don't think it's our crowd... If I told you how many orders of wings we sold last night.. and meatloaf and tofu bahn mi and we sold out of burgers..  I sold 4 steaks.  I ordered 6 and gave the last two to my line cooks who crushed it last night... they took it home to cook.      There is one guy who has come back every time but, we could be focusing on other dishes.  we tried, the people have spoken.

i think this may have been the last one off the line:

ARSeOFe.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clinton Hill