921 replies to this topic

#916 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

25 cent wing night.. Woman walks in with a soda in her hand... I would like your 25 cent wings but, I do not drink... "Oh thats, fine, we have the wings on the menu but, unfortunately, you can't get the  25  cent wing special without purchasing a pint of beer"  "so let me get this straight, you are suggesting I break my 7 years of sobriety just to get your 25 cent wings"    "of course not, no one would possibly suggest that, I am simply saying, in order to qualify for the drink special, you must purchase a drink"  "Well, I hope you know I am leaving"  " i am so sorry, again, no one is suggesting you leave or drink alcohol, you will just have to purchase our wings at the regular price"  

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#917 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,121 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

She'll now go and complain to the SLA that your special of beer + wings is just a run around the prohibition of more than 50% off at happy hour.  :wacko:

Offer a $15 NA beer.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#918 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,553 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

Or buy the beer and give it to someone else.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#919 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Offer a mocktail or a fancy soda for the same price as an alcoholic drink. You would not be the first.

#920 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

Offer a mocktail or a fancy soda for the same price as an alcoholic drink. You would not be the first.

Or in Germany, water. 😂
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#921 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,553 posts

Posted Today, 03:37 AM

So I'm coming back from visiting some friends in New Jersey, taking the bus with their daughter, who used to live in Crown Heights and now lives in Park Slope.

"Have you ever been to this place I discovered called Mekelburg's?"  she asked.  "The meat loaf sandwich is my favorite food in the world."

Bar Loser

MF Old

#922 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted Today, 04:09 AM

thats so cool!!!

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clinton Hill