919 replies to this topic

#916 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

25 cent wing night.. Woman walks in with a soda in her hand... I would like your 25 cent wings but, I do not drink... "Oh thats, fine, we have the wings on the menu but, unfortunately, you can't get the  25  cent wing special without purchasing a pint of beer"  "so let me get this straight, you are suggesting I break my 7 years of sobriety just to get your 25 cent wings"    "of course not, no one would possibly suggest that, I am simply saying, in order to qualify for the drink special, you must purchase a drink"  "Well, I hope you know I am leaving"  " i am so sorry, again, no one is suggesting you leave or drink alcohol, you will just have to purchase our wings at the regular price"  

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#917 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,108 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

She'll now go and complain to the SLA that your special of beer + wings is just a run around the prohibition of more than 50% off at happy hour.  :wacko:

Offer a $15 NA beer.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#918 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,529 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

Or buy the beer and give it to someone else.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#919 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Offer a mocktail or a fancy soda for the same price as an alcoholic drink. You would not be the first.

#920 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

Offer a mocktail or a fancy soda for the same price as an alcoholic drink. You would not be the first.

Or in Germany, water. 😂
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clinton Hill