Tag it, tag it.  Or something.

#47 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

Nice, but you do know that its a reprint from an article that's now a year old right?  

Well, now I do - but I hardly ever read the small print.  I'm really good at being on time, though.

Not exactly timely, but the current (?) issue of Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn has an article entitled:

A Caribbean Food Tour of Crown Heights

Crown Heights has long been a mecca for West Indian food, a treasure trove of interrelated cuisines that combine South Asian spices with New World ingredients in unexpected ways. At the unexceptional-looking takeout joints along Nostrand Avenue, the neighborhood’s largely unchanged commercial hub, you’ll find everything from long-stewed oxtail and goat to buttery fruit-studded pastries to some of the best vegan food anywhere. The spots highlighted here are a very small sampling meant to encourage the new residents of Crown Heights (and everyone, really!) to look outside Mayfield, Barboncino and Chavela’s for dinner. It’s one of the great casual-eating neighborhoods in the entire city, a trip to the islands without leaving home.

Different neighborhood.  NOT around the Kings Theater.

Yeah, but I'm from Forest Hills (the unfancy part) originally, so cut me some slack.

#48 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,568 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

That wasn't meant as any kind of snip at you; only to alert readers who aren't familiar with Brooklyn that the article doesn't address the area around the Kings Theater (now that this is all in a "Kings Theather" thread).

Sorry.  I didn't mean it to come across that way.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#49 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

No, don't worry, it didn't. Just having some Friday fun before I head off to jury duty.

(What judge calls jurors back at 2 PM on a Friday?)

#50 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,568 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

A stupid one?

Bar Loser

MF Old

#51 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,568 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

I don't understand what happened in that video.

I wonder if having Georgia walk through a series of disasters in total oblivion has anything to do with the fact that her father created Mr. Magoo?

Bar Loser

MF Old

#52 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

there's a jamacian chinese short rib recipe in the chinatown issue of lucky peach that reads really well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatbush, Brooklyn