4 replies to this topic

#1 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:34 PM

Newbie here. Do you do anything? I bought jute bags for the roses and was planning to get some evergreen boughs to cover the strawberries, but my SIL thinks I don't need to bother. She's a brilliant gardener and lives near the north pole, so I tend to trust her about this. 

Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#2 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

Wrapping your evergreens in jute or burlap is a good idea.  Reduces loss of moisture, and wind burn.  In my garden, rosemary can be a perennial, so I push up dirt and bury the trimmed base in chopped leaves.  Avoids the freeze cycle.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#3 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,303 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

Really you need to talk to locals. It's so climate dependent. I'd trust you S-I-L over anyone here.

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

That is very unhelpful, Bonner. The dirt the strawberries are in was frozen this morning. And I'm traveling tomorrow. Hm. 

Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

It's been so warm this winter I am now having the opposite problem. My bulbs starting to sprout.  :(

-Chomskybot