22 replies to this topic

#16 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

the biggest thing is to remember to stick the warranty end date in your calendar. my last 2 HP printers have been free warranty replacements made about a week before the end of warranty. one was an exact replacement the other was an upgrade to the new model because i whined just enough about the inconvenience of the thing going wonky. in two years there will always be some feature that craps out luckily for me it's never been something that i used, but i always take a few minutes before the warranty period ends to see if there's anything that would trigger the free replacement. they make all their money on the ink so they mostly give the printers away. 

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#17 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, but you make a phone call to Time Warner, and they lower the cable bill for you and your extended family. 

Most of us don't live in that world.

#18 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, but you make a phone call to Time Warner, and they lower the cable bill for you and your extended family. 

i'm just blessed, i guess

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#19 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

Ink was eating us up.   I now rely on Walgreen's for cheap and dirty snapshots of the grandgremlins and send important projects to PhotoWorks.     http://www.photoworkssf.com/

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#20 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

Assuming your photos don't need any additional processing, Costco prints digital photos just fine. 8x10 is under $2. No harm in trying them out for that price

#21 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

my printer stopped connecting to my iphone/ipad (2 weeks before the extended warranty expired) so today hp agreed to send me  a new upgraded printer at no charge and extend my warranty for 2 years also at no charge.

~Jack Handey

#22 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

my printer stopped connecting to my iphone/ipad (2 weeks before the extended warranty expired) so today hp agreed to send me  a new upgraded printer at no charge and extend my warranty for 2 years also at no charge.

new upgraded printer arrived today, of course it's more cheaply made than the printer it's replacing. but so far all the features work and it's free.

~Jack Handey

#23 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

new upgraded printer arrived today, of course it's more cheaply made than the printer it's replacing. but so far all the features work and it's free.

they just comped me a three year replacement warranty

~Jack Handey