81 replies to this topic

#76 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,962 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Going to try to walk in tomorrow night, even though they're fully booked up on Rezy two weeks out now (prior to the Times re-review, they were wide open). Best backup options in the area if it doesn't work out? Scarr's?

Scarr's or Williamsburg Pizza for NY-style (Scarr's has a wine list and better atmosphere imo), there's also a Speedy Romeo nearby.

For traditional Neapolitan pizza, apparently Sorbillo has improved since opening...

I never knew a pizza could soak as much olive oil as the grandma pie at Williamsburg Pizza, delicious of course.
sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#77 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Going to try to walk in tomorrow night, even though they're fully booked up on Rezy two weeks out now (prior to the Times re-review, they were wide open). Best backup options in the area if it doesn't work out? Scarr's?

Niche?

Scarr's or Williamsburg Pizza for NY-style (Scarr's has a wine list and better atmosphere imo), there's also a Speedy Romeo nearby.

For traditional Neapolitan pizza, apparently Sorbillo has improved since opening...

The problem with (or one of the problems) with Scarr's is actually trying to get in the place and find a place to sit/eat.

Also, some really annoying rap. But if you like second hand weed smoke, out front of Scarr's is awesome (I prefer mine first hand).

We've definitely become partial to Niche Mazemen over the ramen...neither Niche nor Scarr's is anywhere near as nice as UPN, atmosphere-wise.

#78 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

x2eTV6t.jpg

A couple of nice pies last night. As Daniel mentions upthread, whatta crust!

#79 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

I really hope they were busy and I really hope they charged you for the wine!    :P

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#80 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

I really hope they were busy and I really hope they charged you for the wine!    :P

They were nicely busy, and they charged us for wine.  

COMP DISCLOSURE:  Ice cream dessert!

#81 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,234 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:27 PM

The crust looks wonderful. I don’t like the soggy middle, however authentic it is.

#82 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,220 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

This is some good pizza.

COMP DISCLOSURE:  (Ridiculously good) lemon sorbetto.

Bar Loser

MF Old