3 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Amazon Fresh is pitching a Waygu "one cow" burger. The meat in each burger is from the same cow. No blending meat from dozens of cows (steers?). Mix of brisket, skirt, etc "cuts not usually found in hamburgers" they say.  $10 for a pound / 2 burgers

Burgers made from just one cow are typically only served in high-end restaurants where the beef is ground in house. With AmazonFresh you can enjoy this gourmet burger in your own home.

Our Single Cow Burger meat also includes premium cuts – such as brisket, skirt steak, and flat iron -- that normally would be sold at higher value for steaks and not included in ground beef.

I don't know if this or a similar product is available at Whole Foods

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

How many heads of Wagyu does your typical slaughterhouse / processing plant even handle at the same time? Seems to me like the number wouldn't be that much higher than one...

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

How many heads of Wagyu does your typical slaughterhouse / processing plant even handle at the same time? Seems to me like the number wouldn't be that much higher than one...

Some of the ten or 20 pound chubs of ground meat used in commercial cooking probably come from multiple animals, but this seems to be an attempt to avoid the "mixing" of meats.  I noticed the fine print on the ad mentioned beef was prime and choice, from US and Australian sources, and included both grass finished and feed lot finished animals.  Sounds like they allow themselves a lot of latitude.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#4 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

so scraps from all one animal in a 1lb package of ground beef, amazing

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*