not my monkeys.

#2 FoodDabbler

FoodDabbler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

Perhaps it's the melted plastic that gives Instapotted food that certain something.

#3 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Wonder how many of that version have been sold. It looks much more like a slow cooker than any of the others.

I gifted my Fagor Duo 8-qt. pressure cooker (with 2 brand new gaskets!) to friends who spend the month of February at Snowbird. Always complaining about how difficult/impossible it is (at 8,500') to cook some of their favorite things for a crowd, such as beans. 

Other than having to deal with the slight pain in the ass of a problem getting the lid to correctly latch on, they've used it a few times, and really liked the results...beans cooked properly! I think one of the nicer things about the Instant vs. a classic pc, is that it takes no extra jiggling/wiggling to get the lid to sit right. As well as the programmability, of course.

#4 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,852 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Really doesn't look like the other models.  Wonder if it's current?

Bar Loser

MF Old

#5 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

i was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 qt model. but i tend to use these things when i am at home doing other things and can keep periodic watch on things.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#6 GerryOlds

GerryOlds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Crap. Amazon had a sale on this model over the holidays and I bought one. Maybe it's a good thing that I've yet to use it  :P

#7 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

i was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 qt model. but i tend to use these things when i am at home doing other things and can keep periodic watch on things.

You really want something that small?

And if any admin is reading this thread, it's INSTANT POT ( 2 words) not Instapot.

#8 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Done.

#9 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

https://www.washingt...t-been-recalled

Not the model that includes a pressure cooker - very limited recall
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#10 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

And if any admin is reading this thread, it's INSTANT POT ( 2 words) not Instapot.

i don't have loads of space to store it and keep thinking i might like a 3 or 3.5 qt staub or le creuset dutch oven more. 

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#11 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

i don't have loads of space to store it and keep thinking i might like a 3 or 3.5 qt staub or le creuset dutch oven more. 

One more super enthusiastic vote for Staub.    I've had Le Creuset and Desco and loved each in its time, but neither has the heft or integrity of Staub to say nothing of elegance.   Yeh, I'm hooked.   

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#12 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Such different beasts, that's for sure.  Certainly, if you're looking to make tasty stuff more quickly, you know which way to go.  I don't think the overall size difference between a 3 and 6 qt. is that great - as a matter of fact, less than I thought...click.

But, if you want the dutch oven, I too love Staub.

#13 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

Such different beasts, that's for sure.  Certainly, if you're looking to make tasty stuff more quickly, you know which way to go.  I don't think the overall size difference between a 3 and 6 qt. is that great - as a matter of fact, less than I thought...click.

But, if you want the dutch oven, I too love Staub.

i mostly end up with staub, too. the mini ultra appeals. the big bluetooth model seems silly

~Jack Handey

#14 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,852 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

The mini Ultra keeps appealing even after you get it.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#15 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

But does its beauty make you say "be still, my heart" when you glimpse it on the shelf or while you're washing up?

25592345437_e3008019e7_z.jpg

Yeh, I'm weird.   

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.