23 replies to this topic

#16 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

Any opinions on Luma on Park or Ravenous Pig?

#17 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,733 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Have had two meals there (Ravenous Pig) over the years. One was very good and the other was less so, but still good.

But beware - they have tablecloths and that always elevates a place one notch for me.

#18 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,733 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Have had two meals there (Ravenous Pig) over the years. One was very good and the other was less so, but still good.

But beware - they have tablecloths and that always elevates a place one notch for me.

#19 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

Sounds promising enough.

#20 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

At Walt’s World Swan resort, I am offered the chance to dine at two ersatz reproductions of Il Mulino, a restaurant and a lounge. Home from home.

#21 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

There is not much shaking here. Best options alongside Il Mulino, a Don Shula’s and a Todd English seafood place. There is no getting off the property without a long car ride. Ravenous Pig, I realize, is a $60 Uber round trip.

My hosts have offered me a stipend for dinner tomorrow, which would cover the price of a Don steak or a Todd lobster, guess I’ll pick up apps and wine myself. Or I could use it getting to Ravenous Pig and back. 😅

Good news, there is liquor.

#22 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:50 PM

Overpriced dinner at Todd’s Bluezoo. Scallops with great short ribs, but the scallops were gritty. Then a piece of salmon. Loud music, bad lights.

Really looking forward to New Orleans next week. I had some time to spare this afternoon, so I went over to Epcot. Admission $133. I came back from Epcot. Newt watching here is fun and free.

#23 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:40 AM

Two women next to me in a bar ordered a full rack of ribs. One of them ate a rib, but for ten minutes they have been grazing on the salad around it. The tension is terrific. Will someone eat a second rib? Can I ask the bartender if I can finish it for them? Picky picky at the salad. Can they not see the ribs? I wish I could take video of this.

#24 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,435 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:45 AM

No, that’s it, one rib between them. I’m sure they’re expensing it, but I am mildly offended.