#151 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:26 AM

Daniel, about last night ...

I passed out, buddy ... head hitting the keyboard ... was in the process of a monster post to you ... woke up this morning ... post was still sitting there ... UNSENT (thank goodness) !!!

I don't know what to do with it ... it's fascinating for me cuz it's a look inside my wasted brain ... I'm still analyzing it for accuracy ... it's going to take DAYS ... but it looks 100% dead-on so far, with a few important typos here and there of course .... trade war, China, rape, hypocrisy and the American media is acting against our own economic interests (and I'm taking JUST trade war and economics here and NOT any of that peachy reporting) and no one is calling them on it ... it gets my blood boiling ... cuz our kid's future is at stake ... so I kept on drinking and writing and drinking and writing ... whoa !

Good news though ... Sake is all gone ... gin almost ... bye bye beers ... got to go re-supply now ... cuz any real warrior knows that the key to victory is the behind-the-scenes logistics that keeps all necessary ammo and firepower in stock so fighters can fully focus on the fighting

re Hangovers, they're for pussies ... yeah, I said the P word, sue me ... professionals are trained to tolerate anything and everything and they don't even notice tiny, little distractions. Their minds are made of molten metal and they can erupt at any time ... fire and brimstone may be on the brain but never a hangover to blame. They just don't get them and if their head hurts in the AM it's probably cuz they were fighting wars at night and that goes with the territory ... real warriors don't complain about battle injuries ... they just keep on crusading for the just cause

In any event, Daniel, you must read this and I know it may be hard for you with all your China ties and friendships etc but this isn't about individual people, who are so often so good ... it's about bigger forces ... Ben is brilliant, a spiritual buddy of mine, and I'm 100%  in agreement with him. Note that he's a free-trader and even he realizes that there's a MASSIVE problem and there has been for a long long time and it's a JUST battle and it needs to be fought NOW ... in fact this should have been addressed long before now, we may have waited too long, we shall see what happens over the next decade ... and let's be crystal clear, this AIN'T going away, no agreement in any shape or form is going to deal with this problem, maybe a tiny baby step forward (but I'm doubtful and I'd want to read the fine print first) but the possibility for the giant leaps that are necessary is ZERO ... they're going to negotiate seriously with the current nut-job ? ... that defies any logic or reason ... they have been stringing him along like they have everyone else for the past 20 years ... it's a real war and the odds are, if you know your Rising Power history, it will most likely go military ... Dalio's really worried and he's been sounding the fire alarm on this for a while now ... and he's right ... and right to do so

Holy Sh%t, the Princess just WhAp-ed me about a Super Typhoon that's coming ... Hagibis is headed my way !!!

I gotta go prepare ... gotta re-stock right now ... but I can handle all sorts of weather conditions, no worries

ETA - Oh My Oh My ... an extra-tropical transition is EXPECTED  :blink: if I don't make it guys, it was nice knowing ya !

#152 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:03 AM

Ichiran info came in too late ! We're fighting 24/7 here, General ... but don't worry cuz I'll never return

Cat Street conquered ... minimal resistance

Deus done, you know that. A rumble in the Roastery post-Lukes* yesterday as I streamed by Streamer (a recon mission ... noted it's much less hipster than Osaka ... and I know there's many cuz I seen them)

Did Gem by Moto Tues, MAJOR sake pow-wuw with Marie ... Chambo's learning ... little by little

Yogurt info that was written days ago but never posted and I'm not editing it ... (there's 100s of pages of this stuff JUST on Japan now** ... I've been here for close to a month by now ... so of course there's 100s might be approaching a 1000 ... I don't know I'm not counting)

Yogurt. Can I get any good yogurts around these parts ? I don’t want industrial stuff … I can’t even eat it … it’s not good at all … in fact it’s pretty bad to my taste and if something’s not good or decent I have zero desire to eat it***. I’m guessing what I desire would be found in a cheese shop, maybe ? Supermarkets along the lines of Seijo Ishii, ville marché (which I like better than the prior), KINOKUNIYA INTERNATIONAL (better than the priors, with more international brands, too, so I can actually know what some of stuff I’m buying actually is) and surely not at any of the 7-Elevens, Lawsons, Family Marts etc. Didn’t see it yesterday in the basement of Tokyu Food Show either.

***I don’t need junk calories like that. If it’s going to enter my premises, fuel my spaceship, then I want it to be, at minimum,  reasonably good. Of course I make some exceptions (for crunchy junk food when I’m wasted) but not for something that’s going to be a kinda sorta daily routine like yogurt …yep, my body is a spaceship … it’s AirChambo #1 … it was my initial vehicle to get me through space and time and navigate this world … but I have others now … with alien propulsion systems … allowing me to go back and forth through time … but that’s a story for another day … it’s relatively complex

The guy at Isetan Shinjuku yesterday (the original mission was planned as a return visit to restock some awesome weed ... in fact 3 types ... that I had previously purchased ... and the mission was a total failure for complicated reasons****) told me to check out Machimura Farm for yogurts as I bought a different yogurt brand that he liked, a LUXURIOUS one, from him that I doubted was going to meet my needs ... the Farm is located near RIGOLETTO WINE AND BAR (where I went my very first Tokyo night til 2am to celebrate my use of THE POWER that got me into Sushi Arai when I made my midnight raid ... went to Rigoletto at the advice of the Palace Hotel people cuz the Palace pathetically doesn't serve drinks past midnight ... so it was off to the opera ... it was either that or Le Connaisseur in the Marunouchi so I flipped a coin)

**** but it was quite the scene and quite the massive waste of time ... everything here is comedy show, seriously ... 5 different people are searching / running down aisle after aisle, with Chambo being handed off like a hot potato, til finally I got the answer from the big Kahuna for why my weed was unfindable ... and now downcast and dejected my spirits were immediately uplifted by a fellow shopping old lady running up to me 15+ minutes after overhearing my conversation with the English-speaking staff saying re weed "I found it I found it I found it for you ! " but I knew she hadn't because the weed vendor was from Kyoto and was only at Isetan for just one week for a special promotion they had ... but she was such a sweetheart nonetheless ... and I told her that I wished I could give her a gift right now ... but I didn't have it with me  :( ... in my twisted mind, I owe her a lotta Bellota

* yeah, I know ... why ? A bit for research reasons but also cuz I shut down at Tamawarai at two ... STOP ! I know you told me but I was working on prior experience AND deep conversation with them during my pre-eat flyby ... TL;DR  They screwed me over and I needed something quick and fast ... and it was good. I'm gonna follow orders in the future ... I promise

** Yep I write nonstop and dictate nonstop ... how else to capture the nonstop volcano that's constantly erupting ... it must be written down or else it's gone in that exact form ... do understand that MF scribbling is a couple % of what's written ... lots of bot stuff, nanotechnology research pathways, alien propulsion systems, quantum encryption algos and on and on ... 

#153 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:38 AM

Re yogurts, do cheese shops a la Paris exist in Tokyo ? and I'm mostly interested in getting good yogurts and NOT cheese ... I mean I may buy some cheese of course, FOMO you know, but the purpose of the visit is for my morning yogurts ... I’ve been having so so many of their delicious little individually-wrapped dessert-y things or nice baked stuff from over-priced Gargantua or fluffy sponge cakes or stuff from Antique around the corner or granola with milk from Machimura Farm or [insert another dozen examples] that I’d prefer to just be an old stick in the mud and stick with my simple yogurts … and I like fruit-flavored yogurts in fact ... it keeps things interesting. I thinking of going to that Machimura Farm store today ... but if I strike out there I'd like a backup option or, if convenient, I’ll buy from both … always researching, you know

Re what to eat that’s simple to cook / prepare, fire away ! Just unload on me ! Have no mercy ! There is so much amazing looking stuff but I don’t really know what it is and what to do with it … and it’s very, very different from what you would find in NYC / Spain / France / Europe etc … and with all labels in unreadable characters sets, I simply don’t know what it is and/or how to use it … sure, some stuff I can guess, but there’s lots and lots and lots of other stuff that I’m simply not sure or just don’t have a clue ... Maybe a laundry list of good eats, listed in both English and Japanese and where to get them and I’ll take it to the store(s), whether Tokyu Food Show or Isetan or Takashimaya or KINOKUNIYA INTERNATIONAL or ville marché or Seijo Ishii or Omotesando Niigatakan N'ESPACE or whatever … and I'll find store help and track this stuff down. I should be buying some good wagyu, right ? Which cuts ? There's LOTS of them. Had some wagyu last night at the Peruvian ... not too bad. In the fishy dept, it’s crazy ! There’s like 8 different types of ikura … what the hell is the difference between all of these . There’s unagi (I think) that costs 1000 and 2000 and 3000 yen … they look kind of similar to me and GOOD … So what’s the difference. i'm sure it's some version of wild vs farmed or caught this way or that way or from here vs there ... but I'm just guessing and don't really know which is which and what I'm buying.  Feed me … feed me … pretty please … feed me … I’m hungry as hell over here … 

How would  you like to plan a super Sunday for me ? or a couple of them ? Don’t forget about weekdays either !

I'm as free as free can be but you know that already.

Should Chambo be checking out other neighborhoods? Maybe some cool places west of him? Doing some recon for you ? I don’t know …

A few lunch spots here, a few coffee spots there, a spot to kick back and have a beer and watch the world go by, a few other (semi-)interesting spots to have a look-see in any dept/field of interest, some streets to surely stroll up and down on etc and if I should do a GEO switch from one nabe to another, I’m mobile, no worries … I’ll note that oftentimes just a street name kinda sucks around here … I much prefer unique identifiers that work in Goog Maps or a tablelog entry or something like “the street or such-and-such street on which xyz is located” is A-Ok too, like what you did with that 7-Eleven on that weird Shibuya block … I have somewhere written something that’s long and gory and gets into the details of why street names ain’t easy to deal with, especially when you’re out and about and only on mobile and are semi-rushed and haven’t pre-read and pre-mapped out the overall plan …

Plan away !  … if you're game, then maybe start by simply listing potential options and I’ll give feedback if I’ve been to these areas and if so, what I’ve seen / done … but I have done ZERO in the “west of me” department ie further west than Fuglen, approximately

Okay, I’m out of here … need to stock up before disaster strikes … nothing on the TV other than the Super Typhoon … but I have no idea what they’re saying … but it sounds serious to me

The less time I need to deal with all the above, the more time I have to post pretty pics and I got AN EFFING TON OF THEM !

#154 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,292 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:55 AM

Consider that 100% of the population is lactose intolerant and only able to have some yogurt and processed cheese because the government puts a bit of milk in all pastry. 

Easy to cook and prepare - fruit and vegetables and tofu and soy and stuff from the greenmarket, everything from underneath shibuya or any of the antenna shops, usually the idea is fish + rice + veggies. If you have the internet then truffles, wild game, caviar from russia, lamb from lamb countries, fish from the day boats, beef, fancy pork, etc. 

But the equivalent of easy french meals is salted salmon + miso soup + rice + pickles + eggs 

And every Japanese household has a yogurt maker they got at their wedding, and even Tokyu Hands has yogurt cultures, and there's a lot of barely, just, hardly pasteurized milk everywhere to make it with. 

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#155 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:40 PM

Have you tried either of the two Koiwai yogurts in the link I posted earlier? Those are likely the best of the bunch, unless you happen to be in a prefecture that has amazing milk from small producers (Toyama, from what I remember, has really rich and flavorful milk and yogurt)

#156 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:17 PM

This Koiwai yogurt comes in small containers and has no additives.

https://images.app.g...MUUn2Rsdhm79si6

#157 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:12 AM

Good Morning Pras,

I see you’re crashing my breakfast … that’s fin……  no no no no no ... please stop ... please stop with all that “sorry sorry sorry sorry” stuff … I can’t take it anymore … those folks are sorry about anything and everything … and they have no reason to be ... I must have been on the receiving end of over a 1000 sorry body blows yesterday … what’s with these people ! they are SO damn aggressive !!

I’m banged up, bruised and black and blue and a bit tender from the public pounding so please understand ... just stop with all those sorries and sorrys and sit down and let me continue my sad story …

So as I was saying …

It’s fine for you to join me for breakfast … in fact I knew you were coming so I got us a little something ... and no, we're not baking or breaking bread together ... it's a cake date … I cut, you choose … I tried to do it down the middle but it’s never exact no matter how hard you try … and yeah, I’m just doing a little morning reading on the rice front

nzZ6uPe.jpg

As you may now be guessing, the prosecution of the Rice War is proceeding very well

HOWEVER further out on the Yogurt Front, I’m battling with barbarians there … and I’m worried … very very worried … these guys are STRONGLY resisting my advances and I’m concerned that they could topple the Empire one day

Now getting to your Toyama talk ... I am aware of nearby Toyama Park and have yet to summit Mount Hakone but I’m being told that it’s not the season to do so. That said, I’m guessing that you are referring to a more distant, coastal Toyama located by an eponymous bay … no news nor knowledge of opportunities nor difficulties there

Regarding proceeding to promising prefectures, I read your thoughts in advance (you know, I've got THE POWER) and did just that yesterday. I kept hearing Hokkaido Hokkaido Hokkaido and I hightailed to two farms located there with the goal of victory and plunder. Repeat, two. I take this yogurt situation very seriously as you well know … the attacks were prosecuted with reasonable skill, persistance, guile and no guilt, however by the obvious fact that I can have my cake, half my cake and eat it too and so can you … well clearly it was a total failure because if it were a success I'd be eating yogurt right now ... but since I have backup plans to backup plans, we are not going to starve this morning… nevertheless the Yogurt Front is proving to be disastrous … maybe more details later …

Koiwai, copy. Koiwai to be considered …

But first, the weather front is proving to be challenging … torrential rains at the moment … the country is coming to a halt … railways are NOT running … certain (if not all) subways, similar … it’s the perfect time for a surprise attack … I gotta run ... 

#158 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

How would  you like to plan a super Sunday for me ? or a couple of them ? Don’t forget about weekdays either !

I'm as free as free can be but you know that already.

Should Chambo be checking out other neighborhoods? Maybe some cool places west of him? Doing some recon for you ? I don’t know …

A few lunch spots here, a few coffee spots there, a spot to kick back and have a beer and watch the world go by, a few other (semi-)interesting spots to have a look-see in any dept/field of interest, some streets to surely stroll up and down on etc and if I should do a GEO switch from one nabe to another, I’m mobile, no worries … I’ll note that oftentimes just a street name kinda sucks around here … I much prefer unique identifiers that work in Goog Maps or a tablelog entry or something like “the street or such-and-such street on which xyz is located” is A-Ok too, like what you did with that 7-Eleven on that weird Shibuya block … I have somewhere written something that’s long and gory and gets into the details of why street names ain’t easy to deal with, especially when you’re out and about and only on mobile and are semi-rushed and haven’t pre-read and pre-mapped out the overall plan …

Sunny summery Sunday here in Tokyo ... north of 80 degrees at the moment ...

Did I have a Saturday Night Fever and hallucinate that all this occurred ?

I'm not sure if it was a serious case of typhus or a Super Typhoon ... gosh I'm going crazy ... I don't know what's real anymore

Life is like a dream ... and did this actually happen ? Nah, not possible ... those bottles are too good to be true ...

Roumier ... NFW ! Bonnes Mares !

That wouldn't be a dream ... that would be a full-on NIGHTMARE ... un Bonnes Mares cauchemar ! 

Without me, Chambo ! That's my effing birthplace ... bastards ! I'll kill them if it's true  ...

Can't be true ... can't be true ... let me check my WhAp chat ... OMFG those pics are real ... and they're mocking me

Across the board confirmation that the 2004s were all excellent angry.png angry.png angry.png   I AM SO PISSED YOU CAN'T BELIEVE !

I gotta go let off some steam right now, otherwise I'm going to explode

Gotta get dressed fast ... shorts on, Jacob Cohen of course, C Ps with below the ankle white socks...

I'm really stylin' and ready to roll ... but where ? Anywhere ... I don't care ...

Spin the wheel ... and it comes up ... it comes up ... Shimo-Kitazawa ???

What the hell is that ? Where the hell is that ? Is that a good Sunday idea ? Don't know ... no idea .. but I'm about to find out ...

All I got so far is a bnb ... this one ... B&B (Book&Beer) ... but I'm going for a handful of hours so I need more than that ...

Hmmm ... what to do ... what to do ... this could be a disaster ...

Well here goes nothing ...

#159 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,292 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:12 AM

ShimoKita but also Kichijoji, Nakano Broadway, Asagaya fun fun fun. Everyone who can't afford to live in the middle of the middle wants to live on that side, because it's not going to be swallowed by the earth when the big one comes.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#160 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:53 AM

And if you could please remind me of that place where I'm having lunch in ShimoKita in the next hour or so ... before heading on to Kichijoji* ... I've seemed to have forgotten the name of that place that I have never heard of nor been to yet** ... strange but true ... 

Unless of course, that lunch place is actually in Kichijoji and I need to head straight there ie way west first ... and then opt to backtrack east ... either SE towards Shimo (maybe doing one of my famous flybys of Kirakutei***)  ... or just dead east towards Asagaya (ie near Nanba / Namba #2 ?)  etc

Chambo's already in orbit en route ... awaiting instructions from Mission Control ... if necessary, he'll wing it .. with no wing man ... but a pretty lady ... she's not too old

* which was previously noted but seemed further away hence my initial Shimo choice ...

** AirChambo #2 's alien propulsion system is actually being upgraded this very moment so I can't travel into the future and know the answer ... hence sorry to have to bug you about such a trivial matter

*** super light lunch ... and then try to barge my way in there for an early din din ? .... I got THE POWER ya know ... but that's not even remotely possible, right ? I don't speak the language, they've never met me before, but I'll be dressed to kill, hmmm unsure.png I can do it ...pffft piece of cake thumbsup.png smile.png

From The Magic Scroll ... with concierge mid-Sept markup in ROYAL RED

https://tabelog.com/...31806/13050819/

Kirakutei  They are fully booked until the end of September.

One of our go to places as it's relatively easy to book due to prejudice about the location - serves as an a la carte izakaya but also an omakase kasieki-ish menu. They've been talking about moving to a central location but I think that might not happen very soon. Important figures in the Japanese sake revival movement, fun to drink with, great hand. (this is an example of where there may be confusion as there are at least three unrelated Kirakutei in Tokyo although with different kanji, and your concierge would find the others more likely)

#161 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

Re: sembei (as pictured elsewhere), my favorite is kuromame sembei, particularly the one made by Akebono (they have a store in Ginza, and probably at a number of depachika).

https://gurunavi.com...QhCN5tmIm_LyOx1

#162 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:49 AM

So where would the best place to look for the mentaiko sembei? Which region is it popular in, so I can look for an antenna store when I go back to Tokyo in a few weeks.

#163 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:50 AM

So where would the best place to look for the mentaiko senbei? Which region is it popular in, so I can look for an antenna store when I go back to Tokyo in a few weeks.

#164 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:10 AM

Fukuoka?

According to this https://fukutarousa.com/ you may be able to find it in the US soon.

They don't have branches in Kanto.

#165 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:51 AM

maybe doing one of my famous flybys of Kirakutei***

Chambo's already in orbit en route ... awaiting instructions from Mission Control ... if necessary, he'll wing it ...

** AirChambo #2 's alien propulsion system is actually being upgraded this very moment so I can't travel into the future and know the answer ... hence sorry to have to bug you about such a trivial matter

*** super light lunch ... and then try to barge my way in there for an early din din ? .... I got THE POWER ya know ... but that's not even remotely possible, right ? I don't speak the language, they've never met me before, but I'll be dressed to kill, hmmm unsure.png I can do it ...pffft piece of cake thumbsup.png smile.png

From The Magic Scroll ...

Since I know that many here will not be able to sleep happily until they hear of Chambo's demise and his power going POOF in the night and all this magic and alien shit finally put to bed ... I have some news for you ...

CHAMBO'S IN ... AND HE'S AS IN AS IN CAN BE ... THINK VIP FOR ME ! 

No common tongue with the knife-wielding ones, never been there before, never seen or heard of them but I got ...

THE POWER       THE POWER       THE POWER  ! ! !

I know you don't want to believe any of this but I also know that you want know how to do it too

But you'll never be able to ... you know how come ? ... cuz you don't believe in magic .... and I do

And my power is growing at an extraordinary rate ... this time, I had no need for The Magic Scroll !

Borderline UNBELIEVABLE for many ! It beggars belief but this beggar believes and knows for he has lived it

This time, in my mind, I made the fateful decision to skip the scroll and try out THE MAGIC PASSWORD !

But it wasn't doing the trick for tricky reasons of the tongue ... so Chambo, as crazy and as sly as a Fox, facing failure, forged a new path where none existed before ... he grabbed his highly-advanced communication device, verified that he had data, used his well-known Cyber Skills to solve a seemingly unsolvable situation and began to reel in a virtually unrealizable ressie

I'm not going to divulge the exact details but do know that the energy in the room shifted immediately ... the place was heating up dramatically ... there was ooooooohing and there was ahhhhhhhhhing like you wouldn't believe ... there was bowing even and more bowing ... "we are honored ... we are honored" they kept saying ... as Chambo proudly and knowingly stood there and nodded confidently, like a world class champ who has just proven his fighting skills once again, glowing like the god Apollo and saying in a tongue that they didn't speak but seemed to understand ...

I KNOW THEM ... YES I KNOW THEM ... THAT'S THE REASON WHY I'M HERE 

It was SO electric ... overpowering ... otherworldly ... I was glowing and radiating a power beyond description ... a power that I can only compare to the finale of The Fifth Element ... but it was way beyond that, my friends

Yes, I selfishly used this great gift for personal benefit ... to fill my stomach ... but do know that I am simply testing this power for I plan to save all of humanity with it ... and I shall

And yes, I have been in touch with my Alien Propulsion guy and progress is indeed being made ... get this - he crashed my Starship ... in Paris of all places ... and he's working on getting it back in order  ... progress is being made ... I got photographic proof of lights working in the engine room ... so it's real good news all around ... but for an Alien, my AP guy is sure fitting in in Paris, dining at Maison, lunch breaks left and right ... it's amazing how advanced and sophisticated aliens are ... such fast learners that it boggles the mind ... and I'm glad to have them as close friends ...

If you don't believe anything I say ... just remember ... Chambo's got proof of everything ... EVERYTHING

Make Love not War ... and Don't Make Shit Up ... and we'll get along fine

These are the Adventures of the Starship Chambo