55 replies to this topic

#46 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

And you felt that one as a magnitude 2. It gets fun when it's Mag 5 and you wake up thinking you're in a boat.

I do like boating ... but prefer to do it in a boat

Building swayed back and forth for 5 to 10 seconds ... which doesn't sound like much ... but is

So I was curious if other buildings around me were all still standing ... and they were 

And I was also curious if my cement, external stairway that lets me exit the apartment was still standing ... and it was ... no cracks that I could see

And then I started to reflect upon that plastic manila folder case that was in the apartment that I stored at the very back of my large closet and placed those fake books on top of it ... I decided to open up that plastic case ... and I found the following ...

6FfLmXR.jpg

And when a guy like Chambo is trapped inside as Super Typhoons rage outside, without even one bottle of Burg left to relieve the burden ... and friends from afar are taunting with impossible invitations to taste 2004s from the motherland ... well, if you are anything like me, you just find it all slightly annoying ... 

eCMpurH.jpg

Ieq486X.jpg

omDaMMc.jpg

Ns8BI6z.jpg

Orik, I'm annoyed ... and exhausted ... I'm hitting the hay ... I'll catch you tomorrow ...

So where am I going on sunny Sunday ... I gotta get out of the house ... I've been cooped up here too long ...

#47 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,025 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:28 PM

I KNEW IT.

https://www.scientif...e=pocket-newtab

Bar Loser

MF Old

#48 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

Always knew planes don't "really" fly. It's the mere idea of flying that transfers our essence to where we want to go.

As humans have increased the use of their brains from 2% in 1926 to 11% today, more of our essence absorbs the time/space continuum. It's just an extension of Einstein's theories.

If we continue to increase our brain usage we will be able to travel throughout the universe without leaving our home - our essence will travel and return. It's simple to grasp once the theory of essence is totally understood.

Once we reach the level of 75% usage, it's fully expected time travel will become commonplace. Our essence will be able to move about time as easily and we walk around the block.

Enjoy the trip, the relevance of time and place will never inhibit us - only our misgivings about essence can stall our appreciation of what the mind can accomplish and achieve.

#49 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,292 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:43 PM

I KNEW IT.

https://www.scientif...e=pocket-newtab

It seems like it's now "Engineering American". Wing lift is of course well understood in the sense that we know the equations and we know how to solve them (numerically at least).

Next month "quantum mechanics, which one of the many equivalent interpretations is the right one?"
sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#50 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

I’m still struggling with how to answer “if maps are flat, how can the earth be round”?
We’re so screwed.

This space available… contact owner.

#51 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 87,006 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:11 PM

What is consciousness? Why time?

(I got a thousand of these. We are good at manipulating our environment, but we don’t know much.)

#52 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

What is consciousness? Why time?

(I got a thousand of these. We are good at manipulating our environment, but we don’t know much.)

It's the essence man, the essence!!!

Read Cooper's theoretical treatise on mind absorption and how it relates to the human condition and its current constraints..   

#53 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

In fact Jack Finney's enormously popular pseudo-novel, Time and Again, was based on the unholy three-way relationship between essence, human condition and mind time restraints.  

#54 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Sometimes, during periods of “moderate” turbulence, I just want to know how the wings stay attached. 

#55 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,217 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

Sometimes, during periods of “moderate” turbulence, I just want to know how the wings stay attached. 

Duct tape.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#56 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

I always try to sit in front of or alongside the wings. Man, those suckers certainly can bend.