#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

274 Hall Street

New diner opened up in the neighborhood this last week.. It's brought to you by Matt Hamilton of Lulu and Po and well, many good restaurants..  Matt is my neighbor and I have always been a fan of his cooking.. I have watched the guy pretty much build the entire thing by himself, over the last few months.. It's very much a diner, simple, utilitarian, clean and bright.. 

We arrived to a packed house yesterday morning.. They are opened from breakfast to around 3 pm daily.. So, the menu has lunch and breakfast available.  Pancakes, eggs, omelettes, monte cristo, french toast sort of thing going on for breakfast and then 2 kinds of burgers, turkey clubs, chili, hot dogs, salads and a soup were available yesterday.... 

The boy started with the french toast.. It was delicious.. it had bruleed bananas and a lovely crispy and fluffy toast... Jax loved these and did we:

49049429527_a508df0042_z.jpg

I grew up in Jersey where a club was always a triple decker.. Here the turkey club is no triple decker but, it's really good.. Fresh roasted turkey and then a blt... Bread was crispy, i really like the bread they used.. The fries are not to be slept on..  And I had a really good Arnold Palmer with this plate. 

49048732468_5cc6bf8e77_z.jpg

Onion rings are made in house with a batter and came out hot and delicious

49049444112_ca906a2862_z.jpg

The burger, is good.. he also use to make a burger at lulu and po and actually kept the same burger on and offers the burger photographed as the regular burger. 

Miss A ate the bulk of this.. She was really impressed with the cheese sauce on the burger..   I personally am not a fan of processed cheese like that but, hey, people are.. My wife being one of them... 

49049222386_49411ca0a8_z.jpg

All in all, it's a perfect neighborhood spot.. The vibe was clinton hill, we knew several people.. the food is familiar and elevated and not in a douchey way but, in like everything is good and prepared well and thought about... .It's comfort food in a comforting environment. It's already part of the neighborhood. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#2 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,533 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

Matt Hamilton?????????

Whoah!
Bar Loser

MF Old

#3 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,553 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

He built Lulu & Po pretty much brick by brick. Let us know if he starts dinner service.

#4 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

And if it has a lamb burger on the menu
I wonder how old Lulu is now. We sat next to her at her namesake place’s bar one night. She was not shy.

ETA: wonder if they now have another offspring named Rosa. I don’t think that is his wife’s name.

This space available… contact owner.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:19 PM

And if it has a lamb burger on the menu
I wonder how old Lulu is now. We sat next to her at her namesake place’s bar one night. She was not shy.

ETA: wonder if they now have another offspring named Rosa. I don’t think that is his wife’s name.

You would have sat next to Po. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#6 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

Oops.

This space available… contact owner.

#7 Daniel