2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

So, last night after scouting a couple of bar's Smash Brothers tournamnets, we ended up at Captain Louis'.. A relatively new spot in Fort Greene Brooklyn.. Apparently, there is one by my mother in law on the UWS and there are locations in Atlanta, Fort Lee and a few other places... It falls under the Viet Cajun style seafood shop... 

They offer boiled seafood or fried seafood.. The boiled arrives in these bags of garlic butter spice.  It's overwhelming and it's delicious and well, you smell like garlic for the next two days.. It's an obnoxious amount of garlic.. like if you have to be at work, or around people, or have to do anything besides work outside on a road crew or a traffic controller, you should probably skip this meal..  It's super intense.. 

Last night we arrived and the place was kind of full and yet there was no staff to be seen.. We sat ourselves, went to the bar where the bartender finally arrived... we ordered everything with him, we were on our second round when the waitress finally arrived and asked if she could take our order.. She explained they were short staffed and there were lots of to go orders and seamless orders and well, it was a shit show.. The kitchen however was steadily pumping food out.. 

The food was ok, as far as these types of places go.. In new york alone I know of the two boils, hot n juicy, sup crab, aqua boil, naghty crab, shaking crab ,  claw daddys,  boathouse, there are a lot.. I have been to many of them.. This would rank on the lower end for crab quality.. Definitely taste the STPP in the snow crab and a few of my legs were just plain empty.. The sausage was not the best either but, they provide garlic noodles and well, who doesn't need more garlic added to this.. The head on shrimp were the best thing we ate.  And seafood pricing was not inexpensive.. Like, for the price, you would expect better quality crab and I did see one person steadily walk through the dining room with a few boxes of frozen seafood but, who cares. 

Alcohol pricing is ridiculous, like a single hennessy is 15 bucks.. In fact, i was in a seafood boil place in vegas and there was almost an incident because they didn't have hennesy on the menu.. But, yeh, it's strange, the food was pretty good, definitely scratched an itch with it being so close to my house... We didn't try anything fried. 

All in all, it was a decent experience, it's fun when new stuff opens in your neighborhood... Judging by how busy they were last night at 930, i think they will do just fine. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#2 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,553 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:11 AM

In fact, i was in a seafood boil place in vegas and there was almost an incident because they didn't have hennesy on the menu...

A whole world in a sentence. If you keep going you’ll have a novel. 😁

#3 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

Just to add a fact, this chain actually started in New England (the world cares).

Bar Loser

MF Old

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FORT GREENE