#1 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Paris makes her "famous Lasagna."

This is simultaneously horrifying, hilarious, dangerous (cooking with "chef" gloves she holds her dog,  handles raw meat and then touches everything in the kitchen), terrifying and hard to look away from. Enjoy.

It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#2 Josh Karpf

Josh Karpf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

"Paris was a nightmare. . . . A sense of impending catastrophe overhung the frivolous scene. . . . The mingled significance and unreality of the decisions; levity, blindness, insolence, confused cries from without,—all the elements of ancient tragedy were there." 

John Maynard Keynes, 1919

#3 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

At least she didn't cook the dog.

#4 Maison Rustique

Maison Rustique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

I made it to 3:21. As soon as I'm done watching this paint dry, I'll watch more of it.

Deb
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.

#5 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

...hard to look away from.

Respectfully disagree.

#6 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,228 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

It is completely safe because bacteria dies off on surfaces after a few hours and we know she's going to remodel instead of cleaning up.

The dog might have to be put down, though.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#7 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

I have better ones, but NSFW. 

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

I don't mind her.. She is from a more simple time where she was the most vapid person and we were all in shock.. Now, she almost appears to be grounded... I watched it in the background of my working.. The one thing I couldn't get passed was how gross her hair flying around was and those cooking gloves.. impossible to get a good wash on those mitts. I don't know, if she continues with this white trash cooking idea, it may get legs.. I mean, cook beef, add jarred sauce, dried noodles, a couple of cheeses... It may get people cooking, i mean, if she could do it, one would assume anyone could do it..  I liked that she forgot the garlic and onion, she probably didn't need it as it was a jarred sauce anyway, i mean, at the same time, very few things do not benefit from a little garlic and onion, my father being one of them.  But, her forgetting the garlic and onion, she kept calm, didn't panic.. I remember when I first started cooking I would panic, or if I forgot an ingredient, I would run to the store, even something simple.. Now, I don't follow recipes but, if I go to add something and it's missing. I can easily adapt.. But, if someone watching could have that calmness carry over to them, it would be great. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

1. random? 

2. gah, vocal fry

3. Ingredient list: all generic prepackaged ingredients. But: Himalaya salt! 

4. Who's Burla? Oh. 

5. I wonder if cooking gloves give you more control 

6. I like the sweater though. I need a good ski sweater. 

7. I don't know that "infamous" when describing food is a good thing 

8. ground beef gloves. 

9. Ooh another dog! 

10. Perfek!

Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#10 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

Is Paris really tall, or are those counters really short? I believe Julia had her counters built higher to make it easier for her to work.

But really, how surprising is this considering the last 25 years of food/cooking shows?

#11 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

She goes to the same hairdresser/salon that I do in LV (and has for the last 10 or so years). I'd guess she is about 5'8" or 5'9". But most of the time she has on high heels. So, I might be a bit off because that makes it harder to guesstimate. She's actually pretty nice. Granted my interactions have been relatively limited...

#12 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

She goes to the same hairdresser/salon that I do in LV (and has for the last 10 or so years). I'd guess she is about 5'8" or 5'9". But most of the time she has on high heels. So, I might be a bit off because that makes it harder to guesstimate. She's actually pretty nice. Granted my interactions have been relatively limited...

Have you gotten to know the dog - very cute!!!

#13 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:57 PM

:P  She does always bring at least one dog, sometimes two (which is very common with all the "stars" and local glitterati here). Didn't watch the video, so I don't know if it's the one in it. They'll just chill in whatever oversized designer purse she carries them in and enjoy being petted by whoever walks by. Not being a fan of small dogs, we are not BFFs  :o  :D .

#14 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:07 PM

The dog on the video could have fit in my shoe. :o