2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,255 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

On warren street in Hudson NY is this very charming spot called Oak Pizzeria Napoletana.   It is run by a husband and wife team, I only know this because I noticed them together the next day at Suarez Brewery.. But, the restaurant is a long narrow space with lots of light from skylights and their is a rustic charm with soft woods and this beautiful pizza oven.. It's gorgeous, wood fired.. 

There are a collection of vegetable plates and cheese plates, meat plates and some seafood.. It was reminiscent of Otto in that regard.. you can get one from each section, or there are deals for getting multiple plates.. 

We settled on a cauliflower salad.. had the sicilian agridolce, the raisins, pine nuts and this sunchoke puree.. It was lovely. 

49640328293_34ec48c337_z.jpg

Salt cod puree with their own bread.. It was ok, it could have used some salt and the bread was not the greatest but, they made it.  We later reflected on how much better it would have been if they just served there pizza dough with it..  But, now you are competing with yourself.  I don't know how quick I would be to push bread dishes at a pizza place. 

The salt on the cod was fine but, not if you paired it with the bread.  It went well without the bread with our Vermentino 

49640851171_41d361d11b_z.jpg

Clam Pie:

49641208052_becd48b292_z.jpg

Margherita:

49641025996_7150285d4b_z.jpg

49641123377_4636e2ca90_z.jpg

49640929351_9faeebb63e_z.jpg

totally tubular 

49641046072_d97b0853c5_z.jpg

49640932776_a6444bbdbd_z.jpg

.Naturally leavened.. The raw tomato sauce had no hint of tin.   The dough was light and bubbly, yet very hearty, it was Neapolitan style.. Meaning, soggy middle but that dough, a fan of this style would absolutely love this place. The cheese was fantastic.. The clam pie was my least favorite.. I felt like there was way too much cheese for my preference but, MIss A disagreed.. But, we did both agree, it was delicious.. Wait staff was lovely, it was really good and worth hitting up if you are in the area.   

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#2 GerryOlds

GerryOlds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:04 PM

I really like this place. No clam pie when I went, but enjoyed a combination of salami and red onion. Great point about the bread competing with the excellent dough. Whit's End out in Rockaway Beach makes an outrageously good smoked bluefish dip served with pizza dough toast points that is almost better than the pizza.

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,255 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:11 AM

Whit's End out in Rockaway Beach makes an outrageously good smoked bluefish dip served with pizza dough toast points that is almost better than the pizza.

I was thinking of whit’s when I wrote that.
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.