104 replies to this topic

#46 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Canlis Salad - better than at Canlis maybe?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Roasted Lamb with Potato Garlic Flan - this was some of the most amazing lamb I've ever had
Posted Image

Posted Image

Yogurt cream with Oatmeal Cookies - simple name beautiful texture
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#47 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

Char come over to the dark side and sit down at 8.  ;)  It'll be fun I promise.

Rocky

Thanks for moving us over to the dark side..where we really belong!

Char/Richard

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#48 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:28 AM

Rocky is right (as usual). The Lark dinner was terrific and Greg couldn't have been nicer. Lots of wine was poured. We are doing another dinner there this spring for Joyce Goldstein. Our website is being rebuilt, but should be up soon. Call Union, Now, to make reservations for the Bourdain dinner, Canlis for the Evan Goldstein wine dinner, and the Kim Ricketts Book Events office (206 632-2419) for the Jane and Michael Stern event at The Palace Ballroom. They should all be fun and delicious. I hope to see you at any or all.

#49 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:19 AM

Roasted Lamb with Potato Garlic Flan - this was some of the most amazing lamb I've ever had

Other than the sous-vide lamb cheeks you had not that long ago, right? ;)
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#50 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

Paul and I just signed up for the Evan Goldstein, Perfect Pairings dinner at Canlis on July 18th. Is anyone else going to that?
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#51 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

Paul and I just signed up for the Evan Goldstein, Perfect Pairings dinner at Canlis on July 18th. Is anyone else going to that?

:P Where is everyone getting the info on these events? I feel so left out! :P

I've looked on the website several times, and it has really old, past events on it.

Lauren, can you or someone else direct me to the current info? Thanks!

Cheers,
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#52 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

:P Where is everyone getting the info on these events? I feel so left out! :P

I've looked on the website several times, and it has really old, past events on it.

Lauren, can you or someone else direct me to the current info? Thanks!

Cheers,

I got an email from Cooks and Books, which I just forwarded to you!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#53 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:13 PM

Call the office ( 206 632-2419) to make sure you are on all lists to be notified. The Brochures are at the printer and due tomorrow. Once we get them, we'll get them to all the venues and other appropriate shops. Any suggestions for who and where? We are sticking with 4 public events this season, but are already working on Fall. You all know the Bourdain dinner is a must, but I'm sure the party for Jane and Michael Stern at Palace Ballroom , the small plates dinner at Lark for Joyce Goldstein and the wine tasting at Canlis for her son Evan will be Mouthfuls worthy, too. I hope to see you.

#54 scarlett

scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:00 PM

Who's all going to the Cooks and Books event tonight? Legendary Joyce Goldstein at Lark...what a perfect match! I hear there's also a sneek preview of John Sundstrom's new venture, Licorous.

Here's the details:

Just a reminder about our COOKS AND BOOKS Visiting Chef Dinner at Lark
on Monday, June 5th; we will be celebrating Joyce Goldstein and her new
book, ANTIPASTI: FABULOUS APPETIZERS AND SMALL PLATES. When Jonathan
Sundstrom (Genius of Small Plates) says that "we'll be sending out
waves
of small plates of all kinds, to be passed around the table and shared"
I thought, WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT? Wines will be matched of
course and as an extra special treat we will begin the dinner with a
sneak peek at their about-to-be-opened new place next door, Licorous!
We will start there for nibbles at 6:30 pm--so don't miss this great
evening of food, wine and conversation. Lark is located at 926 12th
Avenue in Seattle.
Joyce Goldstein is one of the warmest and most gracious chefs, and
is the author of many cookbooks including THE MEDITERRANEAN KITCHEN,
TAVERNA, ENOTECA and ITALIAN SLOW AND SAVORY. She currently teaches at
the Culinary Institute of America in the Napa Valley and is active in
many organizations including the International Association of Women
Chefs and Restauranteurs, Meals on Wheels and others.
A copy of the new book is included in the price of 110.00 per
person, as are all courses and wines: to make a reservation call Lark
directly at 206-323-5278.
Traca
Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy
Examiner.com - Seattle Food Scene

#55 scarlett

scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

Hey all...did you see the newly announced Cooks and Books event? My friend Dana Bickford is the pastry chef over at Eva. Dana will be hosting Emily Luchetti on July 31st.

Check it out:

Emily Luchetti: July 31, 2006
7:30 PM at Eva (2227 N. 56th Street, Seattle, WA)
$36 per person (includes desserts and champagnes; books will be available for purchase)
Call Eva (206.633.3538) for reservations

Once you have been a pastry chef at two of the top San Francisco restaurants, received numberous accolades for your talent and cookbooks and been featured in countless magazines-what's next? Award winning pastry chef, writer and teacher, Emily Luchetti decided to stick with what she knows, and she knows her desserts. She also knows that everyone loves ice cream!

In celebration of Emily's latest book, A PASSION FOR ICE CREAM, we have decided to throw an “Ice Cream Social for Grown-ups”. Join us at Eva restaurant for an evening of decadence, sin and champagne - pastry chef Dana Bickford will create numerous recipes from Emily's new book for us to taste, sample and swoon over. We see a chocolate cupcake stuffed with pistachio ice cream in our future!
Traca
Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy
Examiner.com - Seattle Food Scene

#56 foodstallion

foodstallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:08 AM

Anyone going to Giuliano Bugiali at Volterra? He's one of my culinary heros.

Giuliano Bugialli • PARMA
August 8, 2006 • 6:30pm
$125.00 per person
VOLTERRA with dinner prepared by chef Don Curtiss
5411 Ballard Avenue NW, Seattle, WA
(206) 789-5100

GIULIANO BUGIALLI
We are thrilled to have award winning chef, teacher, cookbook author, television personality and all-around charismatic guy, Giuliano Bugialli in Seattle as he celebrates his latest cookbook, PARMA: A CAPITAL OF ITALIAN GASTRONOMY. After three decades of teaching in New York, Florence and at his Tuscan villa in the Chianti Classico wine region, receiving countless honors and awards, and almost single handedly introducing Italian cuisine to the world, Giuliano is considered the “Don” of Italian cooking and products. It seemed only appropriate to have our own “Don” and local Italian expert, chef Don Curtiss of Volterra prepare a fabulous meal from the recipes found in PARMA. Haven’t been to Italy? – this book not only has fabulous recipes, but features the local products found in Parma (think Parmigiano-Reggiano and Prosciutto di Parma) as well as beautiful photographs of the local countryside, monuments, architecture and art. This is sure to be the most delicious history class you ever attended! Come and join “La Famiglia” for dinner.

#57 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

Anyone else going to the Michel Richard dinner on the 30th? I have a ressie at 730, Ethan said that if a bnch of us end up going we can sit together. :D

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#58 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

Anyone else going to the Michel Richard dinner on the 30th? I have a ressie at 730, Ethan said that if a bnch of us end up going we can sit together. :D

Rocky

although we can't go to this we ate at Michel's restaurant Citronelle in DC this past spring and it was fantastic! I hope that some of you will be able to go and enjoy- it was the highlight of our trip.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#59 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:33 AM

This season, all the events will be fantastic, but just to noodge a bit: Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg at Dahlia Lounge is the must-do. They are so wonderful and it's our first event there, so we want it to be special for all concerned. For those who haven't been to Veil, the Leslie Sbrocco party would be a good excuse to go. And if you've been following the Dorie Greenspan threads on eGullet, you must want to meet her as much as I do. She is sooo nice. Also, just because Dayne and Wendy can't go to the Michel Richard dinner at Union, doesn't mean it will be dull. Just a little less hip. See you all, soon.

#60 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:48 AM

The Michel Richard dinner was absolutely wonderful, he was very funny and the food as always was fantastic.

The Menu
Posted Image

The Book
Posted Image

Tuna and Beer Tartare - loved this one, the combination of flavors lent this an almost poke salad sort of flavor
Posted Image

Shroomwich - imagine a croque filled with mushrooms, and then imagine it served with the most fabu cream of mushroom soup ever, this was better
Posted Image

Posted Image

Poached Scallops - really nice celery cream with this
Posted Image

Pork tenderloin with figs and port reduction
Posted Image

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant