2822 replies to this topic

#2806 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:30 AM

So I have now been onstage at the Apollo.

Didn’t get the hook, either.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#2807 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

Do I want to consider going to this ?

Someone wants me to go ... she thinks it would be "helpful" (whatever that means) for me ... and I'm thinking that I have too much sex and too much anxiety in my life already ... so my serious question is ...

Is the below just pathetic click-bait for nervous virigins ... OR is this music that I would actually want to experience ... OR do you think I'd learn something ... decisions decisions ... answer quickly ... no time to waste ...

MUSIQUE THÉÂTRE

CALIXTO BIEITO
Avec le Festival d'Automne à Paris

Ligeti, Beethoven, Dagerman, Tarkovski, Houellebecq, Bunuel, réunis par l'un des metteurs en scène européens les plus passionnants.

Un tissage subtil de musiques et de textes pour explorer, non sans humour, les méfaits du XXIe siècle sur notre bien-être.

Une œuvre magistralement interprétée par quatre acteurs du Birmingham Repertory Theatre et les instrumentistes du Heath Quartet

"C'est une sorte de poème, une sorte de concert... J'espère que cela transmettra beaucoup d'espoir." Calixto Bieito

#2808 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

Bieito?  TOTALLY!

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2809 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

So it started like this …

Nqn5SG5.jpg

And it ended like that …

ajhxttW.jpg

But then, totally unexpectedly, a shocking development !

Some random bald headed guy charged out like a mad man … and I was having an anxiety attack cuz I thought he was going to kill everyone !

m5KXttH.jpg

But next thing you know, no war and everyone is making love and hugging and then it all just seemed like one big happy family … one of the stranger things I’ve seen, to tell you the truth …

In between the start and the end, there was an awful lot of discussion of comment faire une super pipe ... and the guy starts talking about his zipper being undone and his penis being pulled out and a second hand is playing with his balls ... and I was thinking that this is starting to get a bit interesting ... but I wasn't totally prepared for what followed ... cuz then she starts talking about how when she gets down to business how she wraps one hand around the bottom of his shaft and how she positions her lips kinda like over her teeth in such a way to have silky soft, no sharp objects, friction free movement before she starts moving her head up and down slowly and then she describes what's she's doing with her tongue ... and she starts speeding up and simulating the whole bobbing, and I'm kinda squirming in my seat and getting kinda of anxious cuz I'm afraid I gotta go, right, and she's now going up and down and up and down even faster and it took all the will power that I had not to stand up, raise one arm with a fist and scream out "You go, Girl ! " but I figured these Frenchies don't have as good a sense of humor as I do so I opted to stay seated and just think that thought as I kept squirming in my seat while receiving hard to classify looks from the world class lass next to me which I returned with a big toothy, semi-ashamed smile ... and then our fine soon-to-be, negligee-clad actress starts talking about how important the finishing technique is ... and I gently elbowed the wcl next to me (cuz I had a premonition that something really good was going to be coming out of the actress's mouth) and whispered in her ear softly fais attention, ecoutes bien et prends des notes ! and she kinda gave me a semi-scowl and I'm wondering what the heck's with her ? It wasn't my idea to come here, ya know. So then our fine actress gives the sexual solilquy of the century, or so says Chambo, by discussing how important it is to maintain full-on bobbing motion all the way through til ejaculation is fully terminated and to keep on going like the Energizer Bunny while the firing is happening ... but you don't know how many shots are in that 8 shooter and guys don't want to pull the trigger too fast so this all does become pretty tricky business ... but she emphasizes that it is very important to end all bobbing very shortly after the gun is fully emptied cuz guys don't really like continued bobbing when there's no more shots to be fired .... so I'm thinking about her fine words while they're alive and dancing in my mind and I'm running images and prior episodes on my projector upstairs and I'm nodding to myself with a smile on my face as I appreciate the tremendous verbal wisdom that I intrinsically understand at a visceral level but had never really heard them so thoughtfully, so clearly and so correctly put into words and now the wcl is giving a full-on scowl and I'm getting uncomfortable cuz I'm thinking what the hell's with her and I didn't really know what to say so I said t'as pris des notes, elle connait son metier tres bien, non ! and the wcl is totally pissed off and in a real snotty way says that she didn't take any notes and said that maybe I should have ! and now I'm confused and I ask what the heck does that mean and now we're each frustrated with each other and I'm unhappy because I want her to be happy but things aren't going very well between us so far, so I start praying that there's going to be a happy ending and at the exact moment that I thought that thought, from the stage I hear that there should be no leakage from the mouth, of course, and then the stupendous Shakespearean switcheroo to To Swallow or Not to Swallow, which you know is one of my very favorite verses ... and I'm literally getting crazy excited about what's to come next ... and I'm making these loud gulping noises cuz I'm so nervous and cuz I can't believe this fine actress is going there as I'm coming apart at the seams, it seems, and I was pretty hungry before this thing started but now I'm moaning for a nice portion of pie to dig into ... and ... 

I'm sorry ... I can go on forever ... and that's why, deep down, the wcl loves me ... but I got some important business to attend to right now and it's called dinner ... so all I can say is that when the show finally ended and we finally left, we didn't really talk all that much about when we saw and how we liked it blah blah blah ... it was pretty quiet on the way back ... and just a bunch of acting and re-enacting back home

And look, don't shoot the messenger !

I'm being told that that Espace Cardin performance is great ART !

What do I know about art and all that merde ... pffffft ... nuttin !

I simply recapped, best I could, what happened, blow by blow, and this is the end of the show

And you think I'm joking !

One of these days you all are going to realize that EVERYTHING I say is true ... 

b1zaMUc.jpg

#2810 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,539 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

So I have now been onstage at the Apollo.

Didn’t get the hook, either.

You really ought to expand on this.

#2811 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:24 AM

There was a performance piece at the Apollo.  Part of the piece involved the audience being invited to mill around on the stage and in the backstage areas.

I climbed up onto the stage and looked out into the auditorium.  In my usual hyper-articulate way, I thought, "Holy fuck:  I'm onstage at the Apollo."

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2812 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,109 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

There was a performance piece at the Apollo.  Part of the piece involved the audience being invited to mill around on the stage and in the backstage areas.

I climbed up onto the stage and looked out into the auditorium.  In my usual hyper-articulate way, I thought, "Holy fuck:  I'm onstage at the Apollo."

Photos?

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#2813 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:33 AM

None

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2814 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,109 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:36 AM

No selfie, nothing?

Then that happened.

#2815 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

Selfie?

Do you think I'm PATHETIC?

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2816 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,109 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

You're so au courant!

Then that happened.

#2817 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:16 AM

There was a performance piece at the Apollo. Part of the piece involved the audience being invited to mill around on the stage and in the backstage areas.

I climbed up onto the stage and looked out into the auditorium. In my usual hyper-articulate way, I thought, "Holy fuck: I'm onstage at the Apollo."

That is a big deal. I would love that.

#2818 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:18 AM

Have I told the story about being on stage security at the original Marquee club in London?

#2819 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:40 AM

No!
Bar Loser

MF Old

#2820 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,539 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

So my oldest friend and the Munchkin’s godfather managed a band which did okay (album on Fiction, the Cure’s label) without ever becoming superstars.

They were booked for the Marquee, and they needed a couple of people to stand on stage and protect the PA. I was, believe it or not, kind of feisty in those days, and broad enough, so I did the thing of grabbing stage invaders and flinging them back into the audience. But I was aware I was standing on sacred turf. The dressing room was hideous of course.

Some may read “feisty” as “speed freak,” but I cannot comment.