1172 replies to this topic

#1156 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Ron Darling, no homer, thinks deGrom has a real shot at a Cy Young. He needs to pitch to his form and be lucky too. I can hope ...
"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#1157 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,826 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

Really, I don't want to jinx anything, but could we have hoped for a better start?

Today, I was listening to the game while on my way to and from Arthur avenue (beautiful lamb for only $5.99/lb!).

As I got very close to my apartment, DeGrom had loaded the bases with no one out in the bottom of the sixth.  I had to pull to the side and listen as he got out of that jam unharmed.  Can we really look forward to Mets' baseball this summer??!!

#1158 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,117 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:55 AM

Ron Darling, no homer, thinks deGrom has a real shot at a Cy Young. He needs to pitch to his form and be lucky too. I can hope ...

I think that belongs to Kershaw.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#1159 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Not in the playoffs.
"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#1160 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,117 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

Not in the playoffs.

Wait, are you assuming the Mets will make the playoffs?

Then that happened.

#1161 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

To be more specific, Kershaw is a Cy Young winner during the regular season. In the playoffs he's 7-7 with a 4.5 ERA when he pitches like Neil Young.

#1162 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,117 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:04 AM

To be more specific, Kershaw is a Cy Young winner during the regular season. In the playoffs he's 7-7 with a 4.5 ERA when he pitches like Neil Young.

Better to burn out than to fade away.  Which the Mets will do.

Then that happened.

#1163 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:37 AM

Early days my friend. Early days.

Why don't we talk about this after your Dodgers climb out of 4th place in the NL West.

#1164 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,826 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

If Mickey Callaway can continue to find a way to use Hansel Robles in a way that doesn't cause losses, I will call him a genius.

#1165 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

Callaway seems to be routinely getting great performances out of his pitchers.  Of course this winning streak can't last forever and one of these days a pitcher is going to stink up the joint but I love the fact that he's got 2 former starters in his bullpen.  Good long relief guys can smooth out the days when a starter gets shelled and is yanked after 3 innings.

#1166 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,826 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

And they can last into those extra inning games, or even handle 6th - 8th. Lugo has been lights out, but then again, so has the whole pen.

#1167 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

You know what's funny?  Our Yankee fans have gotten really quiet.  I can hear crickets.  :)

#1168 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Unfortunately, the Yankees are turning into the 2017 Mets injury wise. The season is still very young. We have a long way to go. I would rather they get all of the injuries out of the way now.

Follow me on Instagram @eparyzer

#1169 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

That thought had crossed my mind.  Having been on the receiving end of that Mets season I wouldn't wish a similar one on Yankee fans.  Not even Wilfrid.

I think the Yankees have enough depth at position players and enough hitting to make the playoffs.  But they're thin at pitching.  I wish them well.  New York is always more fun when both teams have good seasons.

#1170 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

You know what's funny?  Our Yankee fans have gotten really quiet.  I can hear crickets.  :)

It's a long season.  No need to say much right now.  What's looks great on paper either winds up happening or not. 

This space available… contact owner.